So I woke up on Tuesday morning and decided that my little pity party was over. I got dressed, put on real clothes, fixed my hair, and even put on make-up. I put Eli in the car and suddenly realized there is no where to go. I could go to the mall except it is just too tempting to spend money unnecessarily so I skipped that plan. We could go to the park but it is so hot and sunny that Eli can't be out in it directly which is a bummer. Somehow I ended up at Borders. Stupid me should know better than to go to Borders because quite honestly I'd much rather buy books than clothes. I probably would have been better off at the mall. None the less I treat myself to a latte and head straight for the children's department. Eli and I look at books at home all the time so I knew he'd enjoy this little outing. Sure enough he loved looking at all the books I was showing him. He is only 4 and a half months and I'm already so excited about sharing books with him! Anyway, sitting on a shelf with a bunch of stuffed animals is Elmo. Eli has only seen Elmo on TV one time and showed two seconds of interest so I figured he wouldn't care about this big red stuffed animal. Boy was I wrong! 
This is when I'd love to know what goes on inside a baby's head. I really wonder if he thinks this is a living thing.

The look on his face is priceless. Now that he can focus on the things around him his eyes grow huge. I felt like he was looking at me and wondering what the heck is this thing mom?
Needless to say Eli held on tight to Elmo for the rest of the time we were in Borders. When I called my Mom later that day to tell her about Eli & Elmo she said, "why didn't you buy it for him?" My response, "because Mom he is only 4 months old. I have plenty of time in my near future for Elmo to be laughing through my house on a daily basis!" I have a feeling Eli will be getting an Elmo much sooner than I want him to. Grandmas have a hard time controlling themselves. :)
3 comments:
You must admit, you wanted to buy Elmo for you, not Eli! HAHA!
Glad you are feeling better.
Love you!
Uncle Mike
Elmo's one of our favs around here!! Get ready mama!!!
I just caught up on your recent posts...I wish I could take you out for coffee...we could talk for hour!! I was out of town off and on since Feb. I am back and getting back into the swing of things. I will update you on all soon and also give you the full low down on your question. I will email soon.
Amy~
Post a Comment