Who would have thought that Eli's first snow would be here in Georgia on March 1 no less? On Saturday night we heard it was suppose to snow on Sunday. Milan and I just chuckled thinking people in Georgia consider two snowflakes snow. As the rain came down on Sunday morning we continued to chuckle at the "snow." They were predicting one inch and we overheard Kroger was busy with people stocking up on food and water. I'm sorry but that truly is funny! Around noon I decide to look out the window at the "snow" and suddenly the sky is just dumping snow like crazy. Milan is all giddy yelling open the door and show Eli! I hate the cold so I gave him the you are out of your mind look and took Eli to the window to see his first snow. After an hour of constant snow it started sticking and I began to believe we just might get that inch of snow. My Mommy guilt kicked in and I realized I better get us bundled up and head out for the first snow pictures. Milan loves the snow as does Jack so off we trek down to the field to play ball. This snow was WET not fluffy. It was cold and yucky. The minute we step foot out of the car Eli is screaming. The snow hit his face and he was mad! I took him home after 2 minutes. That was long enough for me anyway. When we got home I saw the neighbors outside enjoying this rare occasion. I get us bundled up again so we can enjoy this memory with friends. The street reminded me of something Norman Rockwell would have painted. Kids and adults were out in the street laughing and smiling. We live in the sweetest neighborhood in America.
I'm not sure how much snow we actually did get but if I had to guess I would say somewhere around 4 inches. That is unheard of around here. We lost our phone, internet, and tv. The power flickered on and off for hours. It truly was a "treat" and made us feel like we were "home" even if it was only for a few hours.

"Mama is right! This stuff is wet and cold. Yuk!"

Jack finally gets some much needed attention and exercise.
Everyone hanging out at our house enjoying this crazy Georgia snow.
"Burr Mama, what is this wet stuff on my face? I don't think I like it."











4 comments:
Oh darn! Too bad it is snowing there. i was hoping you would bring some of that warm sunny weather with you when you come. Leave the snow we have had more than our fair share this winter! The pics are great. Stay warm and we'll see you all soon :)
I cant wait to see my sweet baby boy! Oops his parents too of course. See you real soon. Love Grammy. A.K.A. Mom
I heard it snowed by you guys, what a kick! Eli would get used to it if he were here, don't let him get too thin blooded!
Love you guys,
Uncle Mike
:)Cute!
Post a Comment