Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Milan!

Milan turned 35 this year! I keep teasing him that he is half way to 40! He says he was half way to 40 when he was 20 and that he is actually half way to 70! Technically we are both right I suppose! My guess is it's easier to think 70 rather than 40. Where on earth does time go? Milan and I met when he was 17. That was 18 years ago. Holy crap we are getting old! :)


Are you looking at this beautiful cake and wondering where I bought it? Well let's just say this cake is another tribute to my housewife in the making role. Each year for his birthday Milan requests a dessert. Last year was coconut cream pie. That was simple! So when he requested coconut cake this year I figured it couldn't be too hard! We both love Paula Deen recipes so I found hers for coconut cake. I made the cake and frosting from scratch. It was what I now call a "labor of love"! It took all morning. It is quite interesting trying to juggle a baby and it's needs along with a three layer cake with filling and homemade frosting. I was so proud of this cake when it was complete. Who knew making your husband a birthday cake could be so rewarding? He says he loved it and I believe him since I caught him drooling while eating it. :)

How cute is the balloon? It says Dad on it. I was so excited to find a balloon saying Happy Birthday Dad. What a great memory for Milan on his 35th birthday. Is there any birthday present better than a new baby and coconut cake? I doubt it.

Happy Birthday Honey, we love you! xoxo

No comments: