After 6 long days of traveling it was time to head home! All my fears and anxiety about traveling with my little man had diminished. Even if he got sick this time I knew what to expect at the airport and felt like I could handle it. Again, Eli was a trooper. He slept, slept, slept. Which is of no surprise considering what a week he had visiting with everyone. He is so lucky to have so many people who love him and want to meet him. We had such a great time seeing all of our friends and family. It was so bittersweet being home with him. Living away has always been hard but now it is much more difficult. It is so sad when the days pass and we are the only ones who can enjoy in all of Eli's newness. Each and every day brings something new as he grows and changes.
The airport went as smooth as it possibly could. That was until we pulled away from the gate and the captain announces the weather in Atlanta has us delayed 2 hours. Milan and I looked at each other in disbelief. All I could think to say was "you have to be kidding me!". Thank goodness Eli was exhausted and we had books to read. Eli slept and ate. He fussed a little bit while we were waiting as if to say "um don't you know there is a baby on this plane and we need to get a move on people!". By this point I didn't care if people were annoyed by a crying baby because there was nothing I could do about it and they should have a little sympathy for him and us! Finally we took off and headed home. We arrived safe and sound without a single problem. Now if only every trip in our future would be this easy!
I have to add here that the single greatest invention known to any mom has to be the baby carrier. I wear Eli everywhere we go. In the house doing housework, checking email, writing blogs, cooking, you name it. I wear him in the grocery store, the mall, restaurants, the neighborhood. Naturally the best place to wear him was the airport. He absolutely loves being in it. He sleeps like a champ and looks around at the world like he is in total awe. We get a lot of attention when we are in public and I can't help but wonder what people are thinking. I watched so many parents in the airport struggling with their kids and carseats and strollers. My hands were free and we were all so comfy. I get asked a lot if it is uncomfortable and it is honestly the most comfy way to hold him. He grew out of the sling around 6 weeks old. I know he can be in it up to 30 lbs. but there was no way I could support him with my weak upper body. My new carrier is a lot bulkier by sight but it is the best thing ever. When he is strong enough to sit up he will come out of the infant insert. At that point he will ride facing me, on my hip, or on my back. I can't wait to try that! For now though he has to stay put in his insert. He is the cutest thing ever. And to date, he has only christened it with his milk one time! 



1 comment:
Cute, I am glad the trip going home went so well. I hope that this gives you the confidence for more travel!
Love you guys,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment