Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Housewife in the Making

When I was teaching I used to wonder what it would be like someday as a stay at home Mom. Would I like it? Would I be bored after a week of it? What would I do to keep busy? Then one day I woke up and suddenly I was a stay at home Mom. Now that two months have passed since Eli's birth I am slowly returning to myself. My days and nights are less hazy and my emotions are much more in check. I feel like a normal functioning human being again. I can honestly say that I feel like a stay at home Mom now. The first two months were too hectic for me to be able to say that but now that we are establishing a schedule of sorts I do feel like I am getting a glimpse of what my life is going to be like.

I am not bored that is for sure. Now some people may think cooking and cleaning is boring. I do for the most part enjoy these things so I don't mind that my day consists mostly of housekeeping chores and baby care. I have had to set a goal for myself so that I will shower and get dressed in something other than pajamas before noon. On most days I do get that accomplished. Eli and I have fallen into a routine with each other and as he gets older he is making life easier because he loves to look at the world around him. I can actually get something done because he likes sitting in his swing watching me and listening to me talk to or sing to him. It is so rare that I am in a grouchy mood. The happiness and joy of being a mother and housewife runs so deep through me.

I feel so blessed to be able to stay home and not have to go to work. I always said I wouldn't have kids until I knew I could stay home with them. I know there are a lot of people out there who would give anything to be able to stay home so I do realize how lucky I am. When I watch the news at night and constantly hear about job losses in our country I am truly thankful for Milan's job. While it totally stinks that his job moves us all over the place I wouldn't have it any other way if it meant I had to go back to work. Life is full of trade offs and this is one I am willing to make so we can live the kind of life we want to live as a family.


Ok, how cute is this shirt? My friend Beth from Oklahoma sent this to Eli to remind me of my days as an Okie! I love it! Thanks, Beth! I miss you and would consider going back to work someday if I knew I could work for you again! :)

Milan was working at Panera one day this week so Mama and Eli met him for lunch! Another perk of Milan's job and my being able to stay home!

Alright no laughing at this picture! Well maybe just a little laugh. For Valentine's Day this year I decided to get crafty and try out my scrapbooking abilities. I only made one page and decided to put it in a frame on the fridge. That is Eli's actual footprint. That was fun let me tell ya! Black paint on an infant's foot. Let's just say it took several tries to get it right. The day I made this page I sat back and laughed at myself. I was sitting on the couch in my robe at 7:30am drinking coffee and scrapbooking while Eli slept in his swing. Now if that isn't the making of a housewife I don't know what is! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drinking coffee at 7:30am while your son is sleeping? Reminds me of the Lucy show when little Ricky was born (way before your time). Those times you get to spend with your son are very precious, enjoy them!
Love you guys,
Uncle Mike