Friday, February 13, 2009

All Smiles

Baby Eli is officially two months old today! This past month has been a month of learning so many new things! Of course our favorite thing is seeing his BIG smile all the time now.

One of the most stressful daily events for us at first was diaper changing. The minute Eli laid down on the table he would cry and cry and cry. His little chin would quiver and the tears would roll down his cheeks. It just broke my heart. Now I'm not going to say this never happens anymore but more often than not Eli smiles on the changing table. I have even taken up the custom of singing and acting out the songs Head Shoulders Knees and Toes as well as the Isty Bitsy Spider just to keep him entertained. It is quite fun!





I have heard people say 100 times "Cherish every moment because babies grow so fast." Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. Oh my gosh, look at how much he has grown and changed in only one month. His newborn look is long gone. I keep thinking that maybe if I stare at him long enough I will be able to see the changes happening because clearly he is changing right before my eyes.



January 13, 2009 February 13, 2009

As you can see Eli is definitely thriving. Check out that belly! At his last doctor's appointment on January 26th he weighed 12 pounds (that is when this picture was taken). We go back again this week for his 2 month check up. I am willing to bet he is pushing 14 pounds. My biceps are getting stronger and stronger. I even had to trade up my baby sling to a new carrier with more support. Like I have said from day 1 this baby is all Hayden boy!


Our favorite time of day is tub time! Milan and I love giving Eli a bath. He is so happy in the tub. This is another accomplishment this month! Eli no longer cries during bath time. Hooray. We are however still working on figuring out how to keep him that way since he screams the minute he is taken out of the water. I go so far as putting two towels in the dryer so we can wrap him in warmth. No luck yet. Maybe next month.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one month from today and I get to meet my new great nephew! What in God's name are you feeding "Superboy"??? The picture from Jan to Feb is incredible. I love the bathtub shot too.....Hope he fits into his Valentines Day gift...got him a 3-6 month..should have gotten a 2T!

Love Teti

Christy said...

I CAN'T believe how much he's grown!! Tell him that he can't grow anymore until we get to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

I have gotten a little behind on the blog, and your son has grown into a big little boy! He has lost some of that "babyness" and is quite the boy! You know, I can remember feeling the same way as you do with just watching this creation of love, its awesome. As far as any comments on the meds, your decision, Linda was exactly the same way, you go girl!
Love you!
Uncle Mike