Monday, February 2, 2009

Here We Go Steelers Here We Go

As a tribute to my husband and son I am writing to share the excitement around the Hayden house this Monday morning. I will admit that as the years have passed I have traded in my blue and orange for black and gold and feel the excitement this morning as well.



Since August our house has been all about the football season. Yesterday was a long awaited Superbowl. Sunday after Sunday Milan would get dressed up in his Steelers gear and talk about how Eli would be here just in time for the Superbowl. Of course Eli is here just like Milan wanted. The boys sat together on the couch last night and watched the whole game. I read somewhere that babies on average sleep about 14-18 hours a day. HA! Not this baby. He was awake for the entire pregame show all the way up to the nerve racking last 2 minutes of the game! I am a happy Mama this morning because Milan is smiling and Eli slept for 5 hours in a row, ate, and then slept for 4 more hours. This of course is the direct result of too much fun watching the game with his Dad. Can we do that every Sunday so I can get some rest? :)

I am already hearing talk about next season. I have to admit though I do wonder what we will do with our Sunday afternoons now. I too anticipate another exciting football season watching Big Ben.

No comments: