Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eli’s Birthday Breakfast

IMG_4819             Whitney and Harrison, Jen and Eli, Laci and Caroline, Courtney and Anders

Eli and I feel so blessed to be able to call these Mamas and their babies our friends. 

I honestly have no idea how I would have survived this first year of motherhood if it wasn’t for these 3 women.  Right after Eli was born Courtney and I started walking together every morning.  Since Anders was older Courtney had been through things I was just going through and her support meant the world to me then and still does today.  Anders and Eli are little buddies.  Anders calls Eli “Nee-Ni” so now Eli says the word “Nee-Ni” all the time.  So sweet!  Laci came strollin’ into the picture right after she moved into the neighborhood.  Of course Courtney and I were more than glad to have another friend to walk with us in the morning.  These boys needed a girl to mix things up a bit.  You can count on Courtney to turn your cloudy day sunny at any given moment and you can count on Laci to make you laugh when you really don’t want to.  Laci’s sarcasm is great and because of that her and I get along wonderfully.  And then there is Whitney.  We met at the library during storytime as you may recall from previous blog posts.  The funny thing is neither of us introduced ourselves at first.  My name was Eli’s mom and her name was Harrison’s mom.  After that first day I had hoped we’d meet up again because our boys played so nicely together.  I went home that night and told Milan I met someone who I thought I could be friends with.  Do you ever meet someone and just know right away that you two could get along?  I feel like Whitney and I have known each other forever.  Anyway, we ended up at storytime together the next week.  We became fast friends and so did the boys.  I love these three Mamas and their babies.  They are dear dear friends and I hope they all know how much I appreciate them.  Eli and I would be very sad and lonely if they weren’t in our lives.  Their friendships make living in Georgia not so bad after all.  :) Thanks you girls for staying home with your babies and spending so much time with us on a daily and weekly basis!

IMG_4799 Breakfast casserole and muffins with icing, yummy!  You would have thought we haven’t fed these kids in days.  They devoured their food!

IMG_4790IMG_4786 

            “Ohhhh Eli. Come here, I have a present for you…  Here is your first smooch!”

IMG_4781 IMG_4782 

IMG_4784

                                       Playing with all of Eli’s toys is so much fun!

                                IMG_4812 IMG_4805   

                                                                     Time for presents!

IMG_4820 IMG_4821 

IMG_4822 IMG_4823

Trying to get 4 babies to sit still together for a picture is nearly impossible!  How cute is this attempt!?  Eli’s laugh in the second picture says it all!  We call him our silly Monkey.  Hence, the monkey pajamas he is wearing.  :)

This really was a great time.  I absolutely loved celebrating Eli’s birthday.  From decorating the house, to baking his cake, and having all his friends here to play I couldn’t be a happier Mama.  And I’m pretty certain he is one happy little guy. 

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hi Jen! It's SO great to hear from you! I think of you quite a bit and always wonder where you are living. Thanks for contacting me! Your little Eli is precious!! What a beautiful little boy! Happy 1st birthday! So glad you're a mommy and hope you're enjoying the adventure! It definitely helps to have supportive friends and their little ones to make it through!

Anonymous said...

He's happy because he has the love of two great parents!
(And you all have my love as well!)
Uncle Mike