Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eli’s Big Day

Milan and I wanted to make Eli’s 1st birthday an extra special one so we filled our day with lots of memories. 

First things first…  The new BIG BOY car seat in the forward facing position.  I couldn’t wait to turn the car seat around.  I knew Eli would be so much less fussy this way and I was right!

IMG_4709 IMG_4722

                                  “Woo hoo!  This is so much fun ya’ll!” 

Next stop… off to see Santa!  Bass Pro Shop has an awesome Santa’s Wonderland.  Eli loved it and so did we!  I used to think having a birthday so close to Christmas would take away from the birthday fun but it didn’t at all.

IMG_4665 IMG_4668

“Nice try Tata but I am not sitting on this guy’s lap!”  “Ok, that’s much better.”

IMG_4670 IMG_4701

Off to lunch….  After visiting Santa we headed to lunch at a Greek restaurant that we love.  Eli loves hummus so I knew he’d be happy having a big boy lunch with us.  Sure enough he did his usual which is eat whatever you put in front of him! 

IMG_4680 IMG_4686

The waiter found out it was Eli’s birthday and brought us some ice cream and baklava. Of course Eli loved it (as did we!). Yum yum!

IMG_4690 IMG_4695

Toys R Us here we come… Milan and I thought it would be fun to take Eli to Toys R Us today to pick out one of his own birthday gifts!

IMG_4725 IMG_4726

“Oooh I like the sounds this thing makes!”      “Yep, I think this what I want.” 

Next stop… home for cake and presents!

IMG_4733 IMG_4741 

IMG_4752 IMG_4753

Cake, mmmm yummy! 

IMG_4759 IMG_4760

Wow what a day!  Off for a bath and bedtime!  Especially since tomorrow is Eli’s breakfast pajama birthday party with his friends! 

IMG_4761

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an awesome child, and your parents are surely just as awesome!
Love you all,
Uncle Mike