This is Eli’s impression of Popeye. He makes this silly face all the time and it cracks me up! I think he’s working on winking. Too cute!
Eli’s buddy Harrison is always sticking his tongue out. Up until this past month Eli has never tried to stick his tongue out. I’m pretty certain we can thank Harrison for teaching Eli how to do this. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Eli’s sleep habits have greatly improved since he started walking and going to Gymboree. He is exhausted at the end of the day. He is only napping once a day now so I think that has a lot to do with the exhaustion as well.
Ever since winter appeared we have been trying to find indoor activities to keep us busy during the day. Anders and Eli especially like going to the bookstore to play at the train table.
Milan and Eli have a bath routine that keeps Eli giggling from beginning to end. I can hear them playing over the sound of me doing the dishes. I’m pretty sure baby giggles are the one of sweetest sounds in the world. Don’t you wish something as simple as a bath would make you giggle a real deep down genuine belly laugh?
Tata and Eli having fun at the park. It is so strange having to remember to put shoes on Eli when we go out now. Wait let me rephrase that. It is strange having to bring shoes with when we go out. When he first starting walking and wearing shoes I made a big production out of putting on shoes before leaving the house. I have since learned my lesson because all he does is remove them upon entering the car. Now I pack the shoes in my bag and I have them if needed.
Eli loves loves loves books. He will sit and look at them by himself now. He also chews them and drags them around the house until they are falling apart but I still consider that part of loving books. I do have to say that the greatest joy since he started walking has been his new trick of bringing you a book to read. Eli will pick up a book (9 times out of 10 it’s the book Go Dog. Go!), walk over to you, turn himself around, and plop down onto your lap. He actually pays attention to the book and even cuddles while you read it. I have been waiting for this day to come. Reading children’s books is by far one of my favorite things to do.
Eli reading his book on our new carpet that we absolutely love!
Jack got a haircut again because Eli thinks pulling Jack’s fur and smacking him with any object he can find is really funny! Eli laughs hysterically at this dog. They are best buds for sure. I don’t know of any dog that will let you torment it like this dog lets Eli.


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Eli!! We love you!!!
Too cute! I can't believe he's one! These boys need to stop growing so fast!!
Go Dog Go is one of Jack's favs too!
I love the new look! Well done! And HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ELI!!!
Whitney and Harrison
Jen he is too cute. I love that he is a "reader" this is such a joy to hear.
Love you guys,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment