Friday, January 1, 2010

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!

Eli got to see his very first white Christmas thanks to our trip to Chicago! We had such a great visit and were on the go nonstop (as usual!).  We basically needed to rent a truck to bring home all of his birthday and Christmas gifts!  Luckily my Mom and Dave will be driving down in January and delivering them to us.  It will be like celebrating Christmas all over again. 

Along with all of Eli’s wonderful new toys he also got his very first molar and his very first cold.  That molar brought on some long sleepless nights and the cold brought on lots of runny nose problems (a.k.a boogers!)  It is not fun trying to wipe a 1 year olds nose.  It wouldn’t be Christmas without the gift of giving.  Milan was kind enough to bring home that cold from his trip to Orlando.  He passed the cold on to me, Eli, my Mom, and Dave!  All of us are still trying to kick it! 

Well now that we have had some time to rest this week I am excited to post our pictures from the trip!  This was by far the best Christmas I have had since I myself was a child.  Having a child gives celebrating Christmas a whole new meaning.  Even though Eli didn’t understand any of it we did and it was wonderful.  I can’t wait till next year when he is 2 and will “get it” a little bit more.

IMG_4889 I knew Pappy was up to something the weeks leading up to Christmas but I wasn’t exactly sure what the project was.  Here’s what we see as we pull into their driveway!  Pappy made Eli his very our reusable birthday sign made out of Christmas lights!  This is the coolest thing I have ever seen!  I know Eli couldn’t understand it this year but I totally look forward to the day when we pull into the driveway at Christmastime and Eli recognizes he’s at Pappy’s because he sees his sign waiting for him!  Thanks Pappy!

IMG_4824

How cute is Eli’s birthday cake?  Thank you, Kuma Nicole.  It not only looked incredible but it tasted delicious too!  You are amazing!

IMG_4833  IMG_4832

        Hmm, what’s this thing?                            Oohhh, you want me to wear it?

IMG_4834 IMG_4836

           I don’t think so Mama!                                            All done!

Long gone are the days when Eli would willingly wear a hat!  It was worth a try!

IMG_4878Here are all of the kids at Eli’s party.  As you can see Eli is not exactly thrilled about this.  The crying basically sums up how he acted most of the time we were home.  He had a really hard time adjusting to all the new people and places.  It was so much fun for Milan and I to see all of the kids together.  If we were living at home Eli would spend all his play time with these kids.  We are going to do everything we can to make sure that the miles between Georgia and Chicago don’t get in the way of Eli building relationships with our families and friends at home.  Milan grew up with the parents of these kids and it was so much fun watching the next generation play together!  We miss and love all of you!!!! 

IMG_4883I hate to call this the tree at Macy’s but sadly that is what it is called now.  It is a Chicago tradition to go to Marshall Field’s to see the tree and the windows so we made sure Eli got to experience the tradition. 

IMG_4897I think this cake is so cool.  The bakery was able to take Eli’s invitation and put it on the cake.  Too cute!

IMG_4912Santa (a.k.a. Dave) stopped by my Mom’s house to deliver some gifts!  How appropriate since Grammy taught Eli to say “Ho Ho Ho” just like Santa does.  Of course Eli wouldn’t get on his lap but that’s ok at least he’s not crying!

IMG_4950 IMG_4963

                   More presents!  Oh boy!  Thank you Baba and Deda!

IMG_4943 IMG_4945

Eli & Grandpa have matching Mustangs! (Please Dad, don’t buy him a real one like yours for his 16th birthday!)

eli tongue snowMilan took Eli out sledding in his parents backyard.  Eli LOVED it!  Mama watched from inside of course.  Then Baba came out to play too. 

IMG_4968 IMG_4970 

IMG_4982 Here are my boys in their Steelers gear!  It must be Sunday! 

It was so good to be “home”.  The more we make that drive the easier it gets.  Eli really did a good job staying happy this time.  When Eli is happy everyone is happy!  :)

Thank you everyone for all the birthday and Christmas gifts.  We greatly appreciate the generosity and love from all.  Eli is one lucky little guy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! sorry I missed you again! It looks like you all had a great trip :) I will talk to you soon.
Happy New Year
Rosa

Anonymous said...

Jen and Milan, thanks for coming and sharing your son with us at Christmas! It was great seeing everyone, having a real "youngsters" Christmas, I was amazed. I also was glad you were able to meet Liz, Alyssa, and Mason. The only problem I am having is how to get my magic turbin to stick to my hair!
Love you guys!
Uncle Mike