How come no one told me it is nearly impossible to take pictures of a 1 year old? I chase after him with the camera just like I always have but instead of grinning like before Eli now thinks its a game to run away from me! I can’t get this little boy to do anything I want. He has come into his own and boy is he stubborn! I don’t know where he gets that from? Certainly not from his Mom or Dad. :)
With each passing age and stage I kept telling Milan how much more fun Eli is getting. Not that I didn’t think earlier stages were nice and all it’s just that Eli is truly fun now. He has the funniest personality. I call him my little goose all the time. He is down right silly and makes the goofiest little faces when he is laughing and playing. I wonder if this is a glimpse into his future? I certainly hope he won’t be the class clown. I don’t want to be the parent I used to have to call in for a conference to discuss the child’s silliness in school!
Kuma Nicole told me once that her favorite age is from 12-18 months. At the time she told me this I just listened and said ok. I couldn’t imagine what would make that age any better than other ages so I figured I’d find out eventually. Eli is only 13 months and I already know what she was talking about! There honestly can’t be anything cuter than a little boy toddling around the house carrying a cow and saying Moo. Eli has been learning so many words. It amazes me how quickly kids catch on to things. You don’t realize the importance of every thing you say and do all day long.
Eli’s top three words… these three words are clear as day. He also makes animal sounds for his different barn animals, he says Ahhh when you ask him to open his mouth, he of course says Mama and Tata nonstop, I think he says dog sometimes but it comes out dg without the vowel sound, and he says Nee-Na over and over but we have no clue what it means.
Ball, ball, ball, and did I mention ball? If the object is round it is a ball and he wants to play with it (or throw it)! I had a cantaloupe on the counter and finally had to hide it because Eli kept throwing fits wanting to play with it! I dread the produce department in the grocery store because he sits in the cart yelling ball and pointing at everything thinking if he is loud enough I will let him play with something.
Hi-eeeeee! Bye-eeeeee! Eli is Mr. Friendly now that he has learned how to say hi and bye. He adds the sweetest little eeeee sound to the end and it melts your heart. Eli talks to everyone and anyone he sees. Which is nice and all except there are times when I’m not interested in attracting the attention of the creepy door greeter at Walmart.
No! Ah the classic no. Everything is no even if it’s yes.
So who knew being 1 was so much fun?
Obsessed with the dishwasher! Eli comes running when he hears it open. He constantly tries to climb inside. I finally gave in one day and let him climb up for some exploration. How else do we learn about the world other than to explore it? You gotta’ have some fun!
This child has 100 toys and like all kids he prefers to play with things that are not toys! Could there be anything more exciting than playing in a cardboard box? I think not! (BTW-that is one of Eli’s goose faces!)
Mama got Wii Fit for Christmas and Eli thinks it’s his- imagine that! I insist on trying to use it while he plays nearby and all he wants to do is pull the board out from under me and mess with the remote. I get nothing accomplished. I suppose chasing him around trying to the remote back counts as exercise. It won’t be long before Eli will be taking over the Wii and I won’t get to use it all!
Most of Eli’s friends are boys so he is always playing with “boy toys'”- ya’ know trucks, cars, blocks etc. We went to a friend’s house who has a daughter and suddenly Eli discovered how much fun “girl toys” can be! He was so obsessed with Ava’s vacuum that we borrowed it from her. Eli has always loved the real vacuum and now he follows me around the house with his vacuum while I use the real one. Someone please tell me why no one has invented a toy vacuum that actually works? Can you imagine how clean my floors would be if this thing worked! (BTW- here is another goose face)
Another obsession… the remote. We had an extra remote that didn’t work so I labeled it with an E and now it belongs to Eli. He walks around the house carrying this thing all day long. He points it at the TV and waits for it to work. He also goes around banging the TV cabinet, the windows, doors and even Jack with it. He has been “in trouble” a lot lately because of this! He definitely knows what he is doing and knows I am going to take it from him if he bangs things. So what does he do? He runs from me with the thing and pretends he is going to bang something. Then when I get close enough he takes off running and laughing. It’s one of those moments when you want to laugh but don’t because all it does is encourage him!
I received a text message yesterday from a friend asking me why I haven’t posted any new blogs in so long. So here it is. I used to think I’d get more done as Eli got older. Ha! Now that is funny! I get even less done now that he is all over the house! I am going to try to do a better job getting posts up!


3 comments:
It's about time!!
It's so funny how they like all the same things!
I was nodding my head along with each thing- remote, dishwasher, except Jack is OBSESSED with the swiffer- not a fan of the vacuum noise!
Miss you!!
Ok, we KNOW were stubborn comes from, so don't deny it! As far as the remote, he surely imitates his Dad. And I can't imagine him camera shy with all these pictures being taken the first year of his life! He is a cutie!
Love to all,
Uncle Mike
Yea! for new blog of cute baby eli...THANKS!....wait, he is not a baby anymore :(
Kristin
Post a Comment