Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tales from the crib

 eli 7 months 3 002 eli 7 months 3 003  

Eli’s room is right next to the office.  So our typical routine is for me to put him in his crib sleepy in hopes he will doze off on his own.  In the meantime I hang out on the computer in the office and wait for nap time to begin.  I usually have the monitor on and just listen to him rather than watch him.  This particular day Eli got quiet very quickly.  No whining and no noises at all.  My mother’s intuition spoke up and told me to check the monitor because silence is usually a sign of trouble!  Sure enough I click on the monitor and here is what I see.  Eli has managed to pull himself up and is attempting to get out of the crib.  I told y’all he fights sleep at any cost. 

PS- Don’t worry, I didn’t risk Eli’s safety by running to find the camera.  I was in the middle of uploading pictures and had it with me.  Hence, the reason my camera is with me at all times.  You just never know when a photo op will occur! 

After getting my little man to take his nap I immediately email these pictures to Milan with the caption “Eli’s Busted!  I guess it’s time to lower the mattress!”  So here the boys are that same night lowering the mattress.  Too cute. 

eli 7 months 3 023

In addition to Eli being a little climber he has now learned to sit up from the laying down position.  Who knew that little trick would also interfere with Eli’s sleep?!  It used to be that I could lay him down for his nap, rub his back, and then he’d roll around to get comfy on his own.  Now he thinks he needs to be sitting up at all times.  There is no more laying down and getting cozy.  He will sit up in his crib and stare at the camera pleading with me to come get him.  He cries until his little nose is all snotty and runny.  Of course I give in and check on him.  He is so sleepy he can barely hold his head up yet he refuses to lay down no matter what I do.  Eventually he falls forward into this position and that is how he sleeps.  The first few times I just left him like this for fear I’d wake him up and he wouldn’t go back to sleep.  The problem is he must be getting uncomfortable because he is waking up within 20 minutes screaming.  Of course he doesn’t go back to sleep and now we are back to 20 minute naps!  Ugh.  Two steps forward three steps back.  Today is the last day I will be allowing him to stay like this.  As I write he is wide awake and waiting for me to come get him and he’s only been asleep 25 minutes.

eli 7 months 3 052

That is some flexibility!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That just isn't right! He is so cute!
Tell him Uncle Mike loves him!