Eli has gone from being a webble wobble to fully sitting up all on his own! The weekend he turned 6 months he was using his hands to hold himself up. The minute he’d stop he’d tumble right over. As each day passed during that next week he got a little stronger and a little more brave. Finally one week later he had mastered his new skill of sitting up. I had no idea how much this was going to change our daily routine. Playing with toys has a whole new meaning now! He loves to sit and play with his toys. It is absolutely adorable watching him. Like all things though there is always a downside. In this case the downside is now he falls and bumps his head several times a day.
Eli’s other new bittersweet trick is rolling over. Now that he has mastered rolling from back to belly and belly to back he is all over the living room floor! The problem with this is now he gets super frustrated when he is on his belly and/or back because he would rather be sitting up and can’t get into that position on his own. It is so cute watching him explore the floor and his toys from all these new positions.
Eli’s other new trick is creeping (we call it scooting at our house). Once he decides he is happy on his belly (which isn’t often) he then decides he HAS to have that toy across the room. He will do everything in his power to get it. Sometimes he is successful and sometimes he is not. Like his Tata, Eli is easily frustrated!! He has little patience when things don’t go his way and he no doubt lets you know about it. I am still waiting for something in his personality to be like me. So far he is all Milan. Which is not a bad thing of course, I’m just stating a fact! :)
6 months and 1 week old!
I can sit up all by myself!


2 comments:
Always keeping you hopping!
Give him a hug for me!
Uncle Mike
Great Job Jen! I love reading all of the entries and looking at the adorable pictures of Eli. I can't wait to see you all again next month! :)
-Theresa
Post a Comment