Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh so many things to learn!

Who knew so much could happen in just one month?  Eli’s 5th month was so amazing!  I can’t believe how quickly babies grow and change.  You truly never know what the next day will bring.  There have been many sleepless nights during the past month.  My guess is there were more sleepless nights during month five than there were during the first few weeks.  Luckily Eli’s smiles and laughs and continuous learning keeps me looking forward to each new day.  I never would have imagined that I’d be able to function on such little sleep.  Yet here I am day after day night after night headache after headache getting up with a smile even if it is at 3:30 am (Eli’s favorite new wake up time).  In your mind you are thinking OMG I am going crazy PLEASE just go to sleep but on the outside you are the same old loving mom who cuddles her little boy knowing this is just a phase and it too shall pass. 

I have taken at least 100 pictures this month.  It is really hard to narrow them down and figure out which ones to share. Here is a little recap of the past month.  Just when you think how can my life get any sweeter it does.  Every day is wonderful because this little guy bring us so much joy.  If I could keep him one age forever this would be it.  He is the sweetest baby ever. 

Eli Month Six 008 I like to call this “party in my crib at 3 am”.  Eli had been waking up at 3:30 or so every day for at least a week.  When I say wake up I do mean literally waking up smiling and laughing and wanting to play.  Finally I gave up on putting him back to sleep and just left him in there to play on his own.  With a little tweaking of his bedtime we were able to remedy that problem!

 Eli Month Six 128

Eli LOVES to look at books.  It is so cute that he tries to hold it.  Now that he has teeth he spends most of his time trying to eat it.

Eli Month Six 160

The classic baby in a laundry basket picture.  Love it!

Eli Month Six 207

As you can see Eli still loves his feet.  Now that he has teeth he’s using his big toe as a teething ring.  I can’t believe the way he bites on his toe.  It’s usually bright red when he is done.

Eli Month Six 210

While shopping in Hobby Lobby Eli passes out with his foot in his hand.  How cute is that!

Eli Month Six 239

Hmmm, this could be my new favorite picture.  If I only knew what he was thinking.

Eli Month Six 268

Eli’s new haircut is just so stylin’!

 

During the past month Eli has acquired two bottom teeth, has started sitting up for a few seconds all by himself, he has tried fruits and vegetables, he has had two special grandparent visits (my mom and Dave and my Dad), he has gone swimming, and he has gotten his first haircut!  Whew!  What a month.  What will next month have in store for us?  Oh I know… a 12 hour drive in the car to Chicago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's growing as a child and you are growing as parents!
He (Eli) is so lucky!
Love you!
Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

I only wish i was going to be home to see him...