Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father’s Day, Milan!

When we moved to Georgia Milan was most excited about the fact that this is the Peach State.  Peaches are his favorite fruit and he couldn’t wait to live here so he could get them fresh from roadside fruit stands.  As soon as peach season rolled around last summer I immediately went out and brought home a big bag of peaches for him as a surprise.  I couldn’t wait for him to eat one.  Just as luck would have it the peaches were not good at all.  Talk about being disappointed!  It was like seeing a kid’s face on Christmas when he’s opened all of his gifts and one thing he asked Santa for wasn’t under the tree.  Throughout the summer we attempted to buy peaches a few more times and never really had anything worth bragging about. 

When I was thinking about what to do for Father’s Day I got the idea of going to the peach orchard.  Now that our very own Little Georgia Peach has arrived I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate Father’s Day.

Our day started off with me cooking Milan a huge breakfast (french toast, eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns).  I had planned on going out for breakfast but Milan insisted I cook (he loves my scrambled eggs with cheese!).  After breakfast Milan opened his gift from Eli (a travel coffee mug with Eli’s adorable little picture on it).  Then we set off to the orchard.  Unfortunately this orchard is not a You Pick orchard but that’s ok cause all Milan cares about is eating the peaches not picking them! 

6 months 2 034

Oooh, pick this one Tata!

6 months 2 035 

Mama’s right I do have cheeks as round as peaches!

6 months 2 040

Yum Yum, homemade peach ice cream!

6 months 2 043

Me & my Tata on Father’s Day

6 months 2 045

This is Mama telling me to thank Tata for the ice cream because she said she wouldn’t have given me any if it was up to her!  She said that about the popsicle Tata was trying to give me yesterday too.  How come she doesn’t want me eating all the yummy sweet stuff?

For the record, this year’s peaches have been deeelicious! As was the ice cream which Milan went back in and bought a quart of for home!

Happy Father’s Day, Milan.  We love you bunches. XOXO

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milan, a belated happy Father's Day, your first of many! Enjoy your boy!
Love,
Uncle Mike