Week 10! This is the week when Baby Hayden graduates from being an embryo to a fetus. How exciting! If you've been wonderin' why I haven't posted in a while well let's just say that graduating is a lot of work. I have been exhausted. According to my weekly emails the baby now has all of it's major organs- no wonder I am so tired! Even checking my email is a chore that requires rest afterwards. That is so pathetic! :)
Eating... yeah, that is not any better at all. The bummer is my cravings are totally gone and now food is even more of a chore. I love looking at cookbooks and trying new recipes so I tried with all my might today to flip through some books. No luck. Our fridge is empty. Our cupboards are bare. Thank goodness Milan eats at restaurants every day for lunch. I can't wait for the day when I have more to talk about than sleeping and eating. Bare with me, it's coming (I hope).
So did ya'll know grown ups can take Flintstones chewable vitamins? I have always had the hardest time swallowing pills. The thought of taking a pill especially medicine makes me sick. It is on a desperate rare occasion that I will take a pill. I've never taken vitamins because the smell pushes me over the edge. Then I get pregnant. Prenatal vitamins. The pressure is on. What if my baby is malnourished and comes out sick? I can't begin to tell you how I have to mentally prepare for this daily activity. I put it off until the very last second of my day- right before bed. Then I lay in bed sick for an hour until I force myself to sleep. I told this story to my doctor and she casually says, "you know you can take 2 Flintstone vitamins a day and it is just as good for you." I drag Milan out to Kroger at 10pm for Flintstones. I am so happy I am skipping down the aisle. Here's the even better part... they are only $7 for a month's supply. My prenatals were $30! So... we rush home and I take out two vitamins. Just for the record, I loved these things when I was a kid. So I pop two in my mouth and chew, chew, chew. I was anxiously waiting for that yummy sweet taste I used to love but it never came. All I taste is bitter semisweet vitamins getting stuck in my teeth and making me nauseous by the second. Dang it! Who changed the formula of these vitamins? So let's see, I can't eat, I can't drink, and I can't take vitamins. This poor kid is off to a rough start. Oh well, for the sake of my little growing peach I will suffer through the chew it is still better than those horse pills they call prenantal vitamins. There is no doubt in my mind that a man developed the prenatal vitamin. There's no way any woman would do that to another woman.
Bulk Post Disclaimer
12 years ago


4 comments:
Don't be man bashing, it took a man for you to have the baby in the first place! (HAHAHA)
Uncle Mike
I will never forget the time your mom and i tried teaching you in your kitchen on Lake St. to swallow pills, she tried m & m's and you wouldn't even swallow those! LOL You'll get through it girl I promise Take care and I love the blogspot, I check it almost everyday hoping there will be somethin' new on there you tell good stories! Love ya Dana
I love you, you're hysterical!
Matt and Emily want you to know that Flinstones makes a gummie vitamin and it tastes a lot better than the regular ones!
Kris
Post a Comment