Friday, October 2, 2009

“Home” Again

It’s funny but whenever I say the word “home” I am always referring to Chicago.  So if that is “home” then what is this place where I live?  Home away from “home” I guess. 

The Hayden’s ventured up North again last week for another trip “home.”  As usual we were on the go keeping super busy squeezing in all of our friends and family.  One would think 12 days would certainly be long enough to see everyone and spend adequate amounts of quality time together but we always seem to run out of time.  This trip was also another reminder of how hard it is to live so far away. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of our adventures while we were home.  My camera is usually glued to me but for some reason I didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do.  So if anyone reading this has pictures on their cameras from our visit please email them to me!

IMG_3485We stopped about half way and got a room in Tennessee.  We grabbed a few much needed hours of shut eye before hitting the road again.

IMG_3496 IMG_3501 

            Eli’s first formal occasion.  Kuma Chelsie’s Christening.  Toes in mouth as usual!

IMG_3509 IMG_3518

Milan and all the guys went to see the Bears vs. Steelers game.  Mama and Eli went to Grandpa’s house to watch it on the big screen. 

IMG_3524 IMG_3533

          Eli and Aunti Cooper!                  Grass: Eli’s tailgating snack of choice.

IMG_3557Aunti Beth had us over for a playdate with cousins Lukie and Samantha and Kum Sammy and  Kum Gino.  Don’t ya’ love how they all sat still and posed so nicely for this picture!  This was such a fun day! 

IMG_3582 IMG_3584 IMG_3587Next stop: Uncle John’s & Aunt Ju Ju’s house.  Eli got to hang out with his cousins Tommy & Samantha.  I thought I took a pic with Uncle John but I guess I didn’t. Sorry about that!

IMG_3606  Eli and his Baba at her 60th surprise birthday party!

IMG_3616 IMG_3621

It was really funny that night because Eli kept insisting on going to Beth and Luke.  We determined it had to be because he was getting them confused with Milan and I.  Obviously being brothers Luke and Milan resemble each other but in a way Beth and I do too.  Beth told me once that Lukie was pointing at a picture of me in a photo album and saying Mama.  I guess maybe we do look alike!  Too funny!

IMG_3636 IMG_3643

Our trip ended with the wedding I was in.  Unfortunately I left the camera in my diaper bag and Milan had it with him all day.  So here are the two pictures taken with my camera.  Eli was an angel all day!  Check back for more wedding photos.

IMG_3652Catching some much needed zzzz’s in a hotel in Indiana.  

Milan and I have concluded that we need to live in Nashville.  It’s about half way between Atlanta and Chicago.  Of course moving “home” would be ideal but I have trained myself not to think about that.  So in the meantime we will continue to trek back and forth from the South to the North by car.  Eli may be a little stinker when it comes to sleep but he sure is a trooper in the car!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, now you know my pain. Not enough time to see all your family, never enough time to visit with friends. You tend to upset set someone or another. After a while, I think you will understand that you need to do what you want to do and be satisfied with that. It is sooo difficult, I have been dealing with this for almost 30 years! Great pics, your mom really enjoyed her time with Eli, Milan and you! Love you all!
Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennie this is Sam...
Love your blog, cute pictures.
Miss you a lot. Love you!

Anonymous said...

urGreat pictures, as usual. It looks like it was another great visit :) Sorry I missed you, but glad to see you had such a nice visit. Call me soon and we can chat

TTYL, Rosa