Well here we are again with another month flying by. I’m pretty sure I blinked and September was gone. I can’t believe Eli is 10 months old. 10 months, really? Month 9 was quite fun as are all the months that have passed.
Let’s see surely there are lots of things for me to brag on Eli about!
1. Eli now has 8 teeth! 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom. Teething is not fun just for the record!
2. Eli is standing on his own without any help. Now it’s only for 3 or 4 seconds at a time but I am so excited about this accomplishment. I start cheering and saying “Yay Eli” and suddenly he falls. Maybe it’s me making him fall when he hears the cheers?! I’m sure he is thinking I am so obnoxious.
3. Eli has been saying da-da for a while and he just recently started saying ma-ma. I was convinced he had no idea who da-da and ma-ma were until one night at 2am when he woke up yelling MA-MA and crawled towards with all his might. I bet the word milk will be next! Ha ha
4. Eli has been working on drinking water from a sippy cup for a while now. He basically thinks it’s for chewing and might get some water by accident from time to time if he’s lucky. I decided one day to let him drink water from my glass and voila he drinks from a glass like a pro!
5. Eli experienced being sick for the first time this past weekend. I was sick the weekend before and thought he would catch it for sure. Nope. Then suddenly he started acting different and that same day he threw up three times at night and had a fever! My poor little guy. Seriously, is there anything worse than your child being sick? I’m pretty sure there’s not. He’s doing much better now and back to his sweet little self again.
I absolutely love watching Eli grow and change and reach new stages every month. Sometimes it feels like everyday something new happens. What did I do with myself before this little boy came along??
Getting myself ready in the morning is quite the chore with a 9 month old crawling around. He gets into everything! Apparently he thought he needed to take a shower too!
This the “jail” face. “Please let us out Mama!”
This is how you know when it is time for a new toy. Eli is much more interested in being under it than in it! Too funny.
Just hangin’ around!
“Passin’ time playing with my stroller at the wedding.”
“Please let me in there with you Tata.” “Ok fine, I will find something else to do!”
This is the Cheerios smile. This kid, like all kids, loves his Cheerios! Mama loves them too because they are life savers when we are in a restaurant or store. :)
I have been saving this toy in the garage for the day when Eli needed something new. It’s like his stationary exersaucer except the seat spins around the outside. This is the coolest toy ever. Eli literally runs around in it while Jack chases and licks him. It has provided us with hours of laughs. Thank you cousin Paula for such a neat gift!


1 comment:
You know, it is amazing how much his hair has lightened up, and how mature he is. What a precious child!
Please give him a hug from Uncle Mike!
Post a Comment