The best crawling takes place in just a diaper!
So just last night Milan and I were talking about how we are probably going to need to buy a gate for the stairs soon. During the past two weeks Eli has gone from trying to scoot to full on army crawl. He usually stays in one area in the living room/kitchen but he’s quite efficient at getting where he wants to go quickly. He also thinks it is fun to crawl under the coffee table to get at the cord on the lamp or over to the door where my dirty flip flops are. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to take them out of his mouth. I bet it’s the rubbery texture. Maybe I should buy a new pair for him to play with? Nah, the whole point is getting into things he’s not suppose to get into, right?! Anyway… back to the gate. So the idea of already being at the gate stage has us totally freaked out. How does time fly by so fast? A gate, really? Wasn’t I just pregnant a day ago? Oh wait that was 7 months ago already! Of course we need a gate. I took comfort in knowing it would probably be a couple more weeks before we would actually need it. Well that was until this morning.
It is our routine that I leave Eli on the rug in the living room while I go and get my shoes on in the bedroom. He used to lay there and wait patiently then that turned into fussy crying because I left the room and now he crawls around playing while he waits. He usually doesn’t get very far by the time I return. So this morning as I am quickly rushing from my room around the stairs and down the hall I practically stepped right on Eli’s little body. Here he was right by the stairs making his way to the bedroom. If I could read his mind I bet he was thinking “For 6 months you have left me here to wait for you. But not anymore Mama! I can crawl and I am coming to find you!” My life is suddenly about to change!
I took a picture on my phone and sent it to Milan with the caption “Looks like we are going to Babies R Us this weekend for that gate!”


1 comment:
"Gate? Gate? Please Mom and Dad, don't fence me in!" says Eli.
Or so says Uncle Mike!
Post a Comment