Friday, June 4, 2010

Grandpa

The past two months have been filled with visitors!  My Dad came for a visit last week and Eli of course added another toy to the growing collection! 

Welcome Mr. Sandbox

Eli’s first encounter playing in a sandbox was at his friend Miller’s house.  Eli had so much fun playing in it that I just had to get him one of his own.  I swore I wouldn’t become one of “those” parents who buys their kid everything but it’s so hard not to when you see them having so much fun.  My Dad offered to buy Eli a new toy and I figured letting him get the sandbox gets me off the hook for being one of “those” parents.  It doesn’t count when a grandparent buys it, right! :)

So the big day comes…. we get the box all filled up with sand and low and behold…..  Eli refuses to play in it!!!!  It took lots of coaxing for him to eventually play on the outside of it for a minute or two.  He basically stands there taking big scoops of sand out of the box and dumps it all in the mulch. 

Here’s Grandpa trying to encourage Eli to play.

IMG_6082 IMG_6077 IMG_6079

It has been over two weeks now since Eli acquired the sandbox he couldn’t live without (ha ha ha) and he still refuses to get inside.  I have even invited friends his age over to encourage him to jump on in and play…  no luck yet! Thank you though Grandpa for the cool new toy.  All the kids love it and it’s only a matter of time before Eli will too! 

OFF TO PICK STRAWBERRIES

I can’t believe it is strawberry pickin’ time again!  Last year Milan and I took Eli to pick strawberries.  He wasn’t the least bit interested in it since he was only 6 months old and all.  I really hoped that being 17 months old this time he’d jump right in and pick strawberries until he was a big ol’ mess.  Not so much….. First let’s look back at last year’s picture and remember how sweet my little boy was.

Eli Month Five 216I thought it would be fun for Eli to go strawberry pickin’ with my Dad so we waited to go until he was in town.   And what fun would it be if Eli’s best friend wasn’t there too?  So of course Harrison came along for the fun as well.  In my mind I am envisioning Eli and Harrison ripping strawberries off the vine and eating them up quicker than we could pick them.  I figured he’d be a mess of red and he’d get stains on his shirt that would leave a nice memory of the day.  Ummm, not so much the case.  Here are the boys…  Harrison getting messy and thinkin’ the strawberries are delicious and Eli running around playing you can’t catch me Mama.  Eli had no interest in the strawberries what-so-ever!!  True to form Harrison was doing what he was suppose to and Eli was off and running!!

IMG_6050IMG_6060I guess I am being unfair when I say Eli wasn’t interested in the strawberries.  He and my Dad did share a few sweet moments together. 

IMG_6045“Here Eli try a strawberry”  

IMG_6036

“No thanks Grandpa, you eat it!”

IMG_6070

“Here Ha Ha I think you need some wader”

IMG_6061

“Thanks for visiting Grandpa, it sure was fun! I Love You!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe grandpa should have gotten in there with him!