Our car automatically knows to head north when it is vacation time but this Easter The Hayden’s headed south for a change! After visiting with Baba and Deda we packed up the car and headed to Florida.
Worried as usual about Eli being in the car for such a long ride we left at 4am. Eli was an angel the whole trip down (10 hours). The drive was a piece of cake. I was convinced the older and antsier Eli gets the harder road trips would be but I was wrong (this time at least)!
We hit the vacation running. First things first… swimming. As we pulled into town we went straight to the pool at Kuma Nicole’s family’s condo. As a reward for being so wonderful in the car Eli got to swim with his Kum Sammy & Kum Gino. After that we were off to settle in at Uncle George and Aunt Maria’s house (Milan’s dad’s brother and his wife). Great Grandma Hayden also lives there so Eli got to meet her for the first time which was really special. The next day was Easter. We headed over to Milan’s cousin Paula’s house. Ron and Paula have 5 kids so needless to say Eli was in toy heaven. He ran from one end of the house to the other playing with his cousins and their toys. This vacation was suppose to be for all 3 of us but I have no doubt that Eli had the time of his life. And honestly, isn’t that why we have kids in the first place? Watching the wonder and amazement on Eli’s face when he gets to experience new things is the greatest feeling in the world. I won’t say that I wasn’t totally exhausted at the end of the day because I was but it was worth it. :)
The week flew by. Don’t they always when you are on vacation? We absolutely love it there. I keep trying to figure out how Milan can convince his boss to move us there! I say that jokingly but I wouldn’t protest if that actually happened. Don’t be surprised if we end up down there someday even if it’s just a vacation home!
Here are some of our favorite vacation moments…
All Eli wanted to do was chase the ball around the landscaping by the pool. He is a total goofball 24/7. As if you can’t tell by the look on his face!
Easter morning. Like I said Eli climbs all over everything. I can’t believe he didn’t fall off this chair. He stood on it rocking back and forth every single day.
Going for a boat ride! Eli hates coats and I would say this lifejacket falls into that same category. He’s not crying yet but just wait.
The negotiations begin. Eli is on the verge of a melt down and we haven’t even left the dock yet.
And were off. The crying begins. We head into the cabin and it gets worse. I wasn’t able to take anymore pictures of the meltdown because Eli was going bananas. I felt terrible but what was I suppose to do? It’s not like we could get out. Finally after basically flinging himself from one end of the boat to the other Eli eventually fell asleep and all was well. Maybe he will like it more next time?!
Burrrr Tata this water is freezing!
Eli & Tata exploring the sand and all the seashells.
We went to this park several times. Eli had so much fun playing there. It was great to see him playing with someone else besides me. Aunt Maria is really good with kids so he warmed up to her immediately.
This park also had a water area for little ones. Eli wasn’t too sure about the “jumping water” but after some time he loved it. I have no doubt we’d spend a lot of time at this park if we lived down there. I wish we had one like this where we live.
Eli and his Kum Gino (left) and Kum Sammy (right). Seeing these three little guys together is just so sweet. I can’t believe how big they are getting. Time is flying by way too quickly.
Eli is totally obsessed with playing basketball. The first word out of his mouth in the morning is ball. Being on vacation was no different. He played ball from sun up to sun down. You’d be inclined to think Milan has something to do with this but I can honestly say it is all Eli’s doing. He has chosen basketball as his number one daily activity.
More basketball
Look out the door and you will know what that face is trying to say. Eli would cry constantly until I went out and hid the ball from him.
Eli is always trying to be a “big boy.” Here is another example of that. He climbed right up and sat right down just like Tata. The only difference is Tata has a nice cold beer by the pool and Eli doesn’t!
This was a great vacation and we can’t wait to go back! Thank you Uncle George & Aunt Maria, Great Grandma Hayden, and cousin’s Ron & Paula for everything! We love you!


1 comment:
Looks like you all had a great time! I'll bet you all are looking forward to Granny and Gramps visit next week!
Love the pics and blog, Jen!
Love to all,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment