Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring has sprung in Georgia!

I am happy to say that the weather is finally starting to warm up down here!  I get very depressed in the morning when I see that our temps are not much higher than those in Chicago! 

We have been frequenting the park a lot over the past week or so.  Having a toddler is SO much fun.  I do believe that Eli’s problem with sleep was due in part to him being born a toddler trapped in a baby’s body.  I have no doubt that he would have slept better if he would have had a way to burn up his energy like he does now that he RUNS everywhere.  Eli falls asleep at night within 5 minutes.  He runs from the minute he wakes up until the minute before he falls asleep.  He absolutely loves playing outside which is fantastic since I hate being cooped up in the house but the newest problem is trying to get him into the car.  In order to get to the car we must pass by his toys in the garage so now I have to wrestle him to get him to sit in his car seat.  All I hear the whole time is “Tata, ball, Tata, ball!!”  Milan has been taking Eli outside to play the second he gets home from work and Eli can’t get enough.  It is so sweet to see them outside.  It’s also a nice break for me.  Milan feels bad I’m in the house fixing dinner and tidying up but little does he know I need that time to myself.  The minute they walk out the door I take a nice big deep breathe and let out a sigh.  Life with a 15 month energetic little guy is tiring! :)

IMG_5390

Eli wasn’t too sure about this bouncy bridge at first and took caution as he tried it out.  As you’ll see below it wasn’t long before he took off running on it.  IMG_5387IMG_5399

Eli loves the slide.  He had to have climbed up it and slid back down at least 20 times. It was wearing me out just watching him.  Of course he doesn’t go around and use the stairs either.  Oh no, he insists on climbing right back up the side itself (with my help of course!) :)

IMG_5398Who knew woodchips weren’t for eating? I don’t know how many woodchips I removed from his mouth.  He thinks it’s just hilarious to be told NO.

IMG_5402 IMG_5400 IMG_5401

I’m pretty sure there is no real need to go to the park since all Eli really cared about was dirt, rocks, grass, and woodchips.  We can stay home to play with that!

 IMG_5406IMG_5404

This reminds me of when movie stars push the paparazzi away when they are tired of the camera being in their faces.  Do you think Eli is trying to give me a hint?

 

There are no words to describe how much I love this kid.  What the heck did I do before this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, first ...Cold? Apparently you have forgotten already about Chicago weather! LOL! And all diets should include fiber so I suppose wood chips would qualify! So funny!
Love to all,
Uncle Mike