Monday, March 15, 2010

Life with a 15 month old!

Can you say BUSY!  This little boy is as active as they come.  He goes full force from sun up to sun down.  Which probably explains why he is sleeping better.  Eli is officially napping on a schedule and sleeping through the night (well on most nights that is).  If ever there was a boy with a vibrant personality it is Eli.  He is down right silly.  He is persistent.  He is easily frustrated.  He is independent.  He is warm and cuddly.  He is active and can’t sit still at all.  With all of that being said Eli also does a fabulous job testing my patience.  I am surprised that I have any hair left since most days I am trying very hard not to pull it all out.  One minute this little boy is hugging and kissing me as sweet as can be and the next minute he is laying on the floor throwing a terrible two’s tantrum.  We just went through a phase where he absolutely refused to eat while sitting in his highchair.  So there we sat day after day on the kitchen floor.  Before becoming a Mom I would have said that is ludicrous to allow your child to fight the highchair and “give in” to it by letting him eat on the floor.  Now that I am a Mom I have realized that you do what you have to do to stay sane and get your child a healthy meal!  Suddenly one morning Eli decided he wanted to sit in his chair and now he sits there everyday.  Ahhh, I was right.  It was just a phase and I didn’t ruin him for life by allowing him to eat off the kitchen floor.  Besides, I sort of enjoyed having a picnic on the floor with him!

Thank goodness it is getting warm outside.  Finally there is an outlet for all this energy.  Eli does not walk anywhere.  He RUNS nonstop.  He refuses to hold our hands.  He loves all things round and refers to them as a ball.  Eli is totally and utterly obsessed with his basketball.  He tries to say basketball and does quite a good job though only a mother knows what he is saying. :) Speaking of vocabulary, this kid talks just as much and as fast as he runs.  I am totally amazed at how well he repeats what he hears.  I was writing his new words down but I can’t keep up with it.  Some of my favorites include:

trac-tor, di-par, Ja (Jack), coo-coo (couscous), bat-le (bottle) bacuum (vacuum)

All I know is I am really glad Eli is sleeping better at night because I have no idea how I would keep up with him during the day if I wasn’t sleeping well at night! 

Here’s some of our adventures last month…

IMG_5231  On the Run

IMG_5225

Exploring the neighborhood

IMG_5237 IMG_5236

Eli thought the crunching of these leaves was hysterical.

IMG_5261 IMG_5262 IMG_5259

Playing ball at UGA on a pretty Sunday afternoon.

 IMG_5273 IMG_5274

                    I can get down by myself, Tata.               Ok, maybe not. 

IMG_5330 IMG_5329

“Playing golf” at Dick’s Sporting Goods on a rainy Sunday.

IMG_5342

Eli & Harrison having fun as usual.  I love little diaper butts.

IMG_5348

Eli loves farm animals and is constantly yelling BAAAA like he is a sheep.

IMG_5353 IMG_5354

                                    He shoots.                                      He scores!

IMG_5351

Bye y’all!  See you next month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moley he is getting so big. I just cannot wait to see my little man. See you soon buddy. Love Grammy and Pappy! :)

Anonymous said...

And where do YOU suppose he gets that independence from??? He is quite the motor, just going and going!
Kisses and Hugs!
Uncle Mike