Of course my little photogetic man wasn't feeling photogetic today!
Ahh yet again not very happy about
getting his picture taken!
Ok, that's better Eli!
Here is my windchime!
I Love it!
Hooray, my first Mother's Day! Who knew I'd be so excited about this? As the day approached I didn't really give it any thought. Milan and I made plans for lunch in Atlanta but it didn't really hit me until Sunday morning that I AM A MOM! I am someone's mom! Not just someone's mom. I am Baby Eli's Mom. Is there anything better than that? I certainly don't think so. My day started just as any other day would start. Eli gave me my morning wake up call with his chitter chatter that he does in the morning. He wakes around 6:45 and lays in bed with us just cooing and laughing. It really is adorable even at 6:45. What a nice way to wake up. I will never forget that sound for as long as I live. He then proceeds to do the next thing I can always count on in the morning which is poop. Only this time we had a nice blowout diaper poop that required cleaning his back, his pajamas, the sheet and mattress cover, as well as the changing table pad. Nice. Thank you Eli what a great present! :)
Milan made lunch reservations in Atlanta at Maggiano's. Yum. We love Maggiano's because the food is delicious but also because it is where we went on our first date. Awww, sweet I know. Now we will think of it as the place where we went on my first Mother's Day too. It was a beautiful sunny day perfect for patio dining. I have to admit I was a bit anxious about how Eli was going to behave. It really helped sitting on the patio because he had tons to look at. Other than throwing up (not spitting up throwing up) on Milan's shirt as soon as we sat down Eli was an angel.
I don't know how many of you know this but Milan is a romantic at heart. I can sometimes make that difficult for him because I have a tendency to be too practical and end up not appreciating how lucky I am to have a husband who goes out of his way to do nice things for me. It took a while for us to get in sync with each other but I have come to accept he loves to get things for me and he has come to accept I do not like surprises. So for my special first Mother's Day gift he didn't even get a chance to ask what I wanted because I came right out and told him what to get me! I have always wanted a windchime. Every time we are in a store with windchimes I stare at them. Milan always says "why don't you just buy one?" I don't know why I didn't buy one. So this year with our porch lookin' so cute I knew that it was time for my windchime!
After lunch on Sunday we went to Garden Ridge and picked one out together. Milan was bound and determined to get that windchime on Mother's Day so I could have my gift on the exact day. The minute we came home he went right to the porch and hung it for me by my rocking chair. I love it. I really really love it. Since our bedroom is right off the porch I can even hear it in the house.
Now whenever I hear my windchime or any other windchime for that matter I was always think of my first Mother's Day. In addition to becoming Milan's wife becoming a mom has truly been the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Thank you Milan for making my first Mother's Day such a special one. You are the best and I love you.





1 comment:
You were a mother in December 2008just like I was a father in December 1982. I am sure you knew you were a mother then, the special days are just confirmation. I think Milan was always a romantic, it is what attracted you to him! He is a nice and gentle man, to be respected.
Love to you all,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment