Look at this little boy! Where did my baby go? Is it just me or does he look older than 5 months? It's gotta be the hair. I just can't believe he is 5 months old today. There has to be a way to make time slow down. When I was at this little class called Bundles of Joy on Monday (it's a group of Mommies who get together with their babies) we talked about the idea we need to think about raising our chidren as being about the journey not the destination. Is there anything more true than that? I often find myself thinking "oh I can't wait until Eli can sit up or crawl or talk" and then I remind myself that each stage is so short that I should cherish the moment I am in instead of waiting for the next one to come.
This past month has been fun filled. Here are some of my favorite pictures capturing the day in the life of Baby Eli.
Hummm, I wonder what color his eyes are going to be? Mine are dark brown and Milan's are hazel. Some days Eli's look hazel and other days they are blue. We'll have to wait and see.
This is Eli's curious/surprised face.
Milan is such a great Tata. Every night after dinner he plays with Eli and gives him a bath. I caught him reading a book to Eli the other night. Notice the title "My Daddy and Me". Seriously, how sweet is that? Of course Jack is right there with them.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Who knew babies can wink!
Oh yes another picture in the backseat of the car. Eli is getting so big now that he can sit up against things without toppling over. I am telling you he is a little ham when it comes to getting his picture taken.
Surprisingly Eli does a good job hanging out in his highchair during dinnertime. He enjoys watching us eat. We are still working on him staying in there until we are finished eating but at least this is a start!
This boy loves his toes. They are in his mouth all the time. Sometimes his big toe is wrinkled from being wet!

Yep, there they are in his mouth again.
Here's my boys just hanging out together. Like father like son.
Eli loves the car. I am so lucky.
Here he is at his 4 month doctor's appointment. He weighed 16 lbs. 4 oz and was 26.5 inches long. The doctor says he is long and lean. His weight is in the 69th percentile and his length was in the 94th. Notice the toes are in the mouth again.
This nurse is super nice. He just stares and stares at her when she talks to him in her sweet southern accent. There is no doubt in my mind Eli will fall for a girl with a southern accent. Everywhere I go woman are stopping me and talking to Eli.

This is my absolute favorite picture. Look at that hair do! He is my little sunshine. He wakes up like a honey bear.
This is the after. I try hard to keep it tamed but it always seem to end up messy in the back. It is thinning like an old man. :)















1 comment:
Jen, such nice pictures, that boy is such a joy! And I think Milan was reading that book to Jack, Eli just happened to be there!
Love you!
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment