Saturday, September 6, 2008

6 Months!


Week 24- The beginning of month #6! Wow time flies by. I love it that my birthday falls around a holiday weekend (Labor Day) so in the past Milan and I always do something over the weekend and I call it my birthday weekend. This year it landed on the Thursday after Labor Day but I still like to call it my birthday weekend anyway! :)
This year was a little different since alcohol and babies don't mix! No margaritas on a patio with chips and salsa for me. Oh well, that was just fine since this year I get to have a baby!
Anyway, I still wanted to celebrate so we got all "dressed" up and went out for ice cream with our friends from our new neighborhood. A big thanks to Christy who let me borrow her super cute maternity clothes! I'll have you know this is a shirt without a string in the back! As you can plainly see my little peach is no longer little!
I went to the doctor last Tuesday. He told me I have doubled in size in 4 weeks! As if I didn't know that already on my own! One minute I'm squeezing into shirts that aren't maternity and the next minute I am wearing Milan's tee-shirts because nothing else is long enough to cover this bulging tummy! He told me I might want to stay away from all the Twizzlers since sugar is a pregnant person's enemy. I was reluctant to admit this crazy pregnant obsession but I did anyway after he asked me if I was drinking Coke before my appointment since my glucose level was elevated. Oops. Note to self... don't eat candy prior to peeing in a cup at the doctor's office. My love for Twizzlers has turned into an obsession. I have zero self control. The last bag that my sweet husband brought home is finally gone and I have requested he doesn't buy me anymore. We'll see how long I can go without. Just for the record, it's not just one type of Twizzler. I will eat the little pieces, cherry, strawberry, chocolate, or Pull n Peel- it makes no difference to me. The more the better.
I am off to Chicago for my second shower being given by my Mom. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post soon.... Eli's first trip by plane- how exciting!

No comments: