
Notice the lady is holding a bag of Twizzlers in her hand.
Very funny, Mom!!
As you all know I went home last week for my second baby shower. How nice to have multiple showers! I checked the weather report before leaving and saw the tempertaure was suppose to be low 70's and sunny. What a nice change from the heat in Georgia. Tuesday and Wednesday were absolutely beautiful days. The kind of day that makes you homesick because fall is coming. Thursday was another story! In rolled those classic Chicago rain clouds and by afternoon it was cold and drizzly. I packed a few items for cool weather but since my wardrobe is so limited fall clothes are non-existant. I dragged my mom from store to store to find some fall maternity clothes so I wouldn't freeze to death. I was hoping however the rain would pass and the sun would return. As luck would have it the rain just kept falling. It rained nonstop from Thursday to Sunday night. By Sunday, the day of the shower, Chicago had seen more rain fall than ever recorded in history. The roads were flooded, people were evactuating their homes, and the parking lot of Target had abandoned cars that were completely covered in water. As frustrating as all of it was I now have a story to share with Eli about his trip "home" for his baby shower.
As you will see in the photos below I can no longer call Eli my Little Peach. He is a growing boy! "They", whoever they are, say that he should be about 2 lbs. and 9 inches long now. This is the end of my 26th week- which is the third week of month six. I can't believe how I have changed in such a short amount of time. I look at myself and have to take a double take because I can't believe what I am seeing. Other than lower back aches, hip aches, and nightly muscle cramps I really can't complain yet! Yet is the keyword in that sentence. :) I know different woman complain about a variety of things while they are pregnant but my number problem is cramps. I have had cramps in my feet, calves, hamstrings, fingers, and as of yesterday a cramp in my butt! I fell over in pain and Milan just looked at me in complete shock. If you could have seen his face. I must have looked like a real moron trying to find a way to stand to get the cramp out.
So back to my shower... even with all that rain just about everyone was able to venture out and make it to the shower. I was so grateful that people chose to endure the rain and the roads so they could be at the shower. A big thank you goes out to my Mom for hosting the shower. I also need to thank Brenda for all her help with the planning. Bre- thank you for the centerpieces they were beautiful! Karen- thank you for providing the cheesecake and cupcakes as well being the photographer for the day! Thanks to all of you the shower was beautiful and Eli was blessed yet again with more gifts to get his life off to a great start! Not to mention helping make his Mama's life easier too!
Jen & Eli's Grammy Bonnie
Jen & Eli's Nana Karen
Bre 8 months & Jen 6 months
Jen & LeticiaSo what's next after baby showers? Oh that's right, the third trimester. Let the waiting game begin! Milan and I are going on a "Babymoon" to Florida for our 3rd anniversary on October 1st. Are you saying, "what in the world is a babymoon?". It is the last trip you take as a couple before life changes and you become parents. I can't wait to go to the beach! The next dilema... wearing a bathing suit in public.


1 comment:
You look so cute! Eli's being well fed in his momma's tummy!
Post a Comment