Saturday, July 17, 2010

“Night Night Meatballs”

Eli loves to eat!  He is constantly asking to eat and demanding he does so while sitting on the counter.  I haven’t been able to take very many pictures lately because he doesn’t stay still long enough to capture the moment.  At least when he’s eating he’s still enough to snap a few shots. 

While falling asleep at night Eli will lay in bed saying goodnight to people and things (I’m sure that is where the author of Goodnight Moon got the idea for the book-it must be a toddler thing).  After eating a ton of spaghetti and meatballs the other night Eli was laying in bed almost asleep when he sits up and loudly proclaims “Night Night Meatballs!” 

I’m pretty sure there is nothing in the world sweeter than these moments with my toddler. 

IMG_6274IMG_6278

Eli insists on doing everything himself.  I am glad to say he hasn’t choked on anything despite the two large pieces of cantaloupe you see here!

IMG_6284IMG_6286Eli loves to smell the basil and says “basil basil basil” constantly.  I look over one day and he’s no longer smelling the basil he’s eating it!

IMG_6294 IMG_6288 Red peppers are the latest and greatest snack at our house.  Let’s hope it lasts. 

IMG_6301   Road trip to Hilton Head.  First words out of Eli’s mouth when waking up was “breakfast please.”  Nothing better than a banana and a pancake on the road. :)

 

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Eli. You make me laugh! Maybe that should be the sequel to Goodnight Moon. :)
Whit

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! Eli is eating the veggies just like Mom used to! Jen, he's just a chip off the old block!
Please give him a hug from,
Uncle Mike