If you cook with chicken broth or chicken stock you HAVE to try this! As you know I am always searching the grocery store for healthy great tasting food. When you start reading labels you will be shocked at how much sodium there is in everything! Chicken broth is one of the worst when it comes to sodium. Late one night while channel surfing I saw a commercial for this brand of stock. I usually buy the same old kind and never even paid attention to any other brands. The commercial made all these claims about the wonders of this stuff. So sure enough there it was on the shelf in my grocery store. I bought it and will never buy another brand again. I also won’t ever buy stock with salt again either. The reason stock and/or broth has so much sodium is because it wouldn’t have any flavor otherwise (there is some salt in the unsalted but it’s minimal). This stuff is loaded with flavor. I use it all the time now. I also love that it is in a box. I use what I need and then store the rest in the refrigerator. In addition to it’s flavor, less sodium, and being in a box, it’s also great because it’s less expensive than buying by the can.
What do I use it for? Let’s see… I use it in my soups, I use it in place of water when boiling rice, couscous, and quinoa, I use it when sauteeing veggies (pour just a little in the pan and the veggies will soak it up adding a ton of flavor), and this week I am using it with some mexican seasonings for my chicken fajita marinade on Taco Tuesday. I keep trying to come up with ways to use this stuff because it is delicious!
I hope you will like it too! Happy cooking.


2 comments:
I will be looking for here! Thanks Jen. :) Love ya Mom
Sure it's not loaded with fat for flavor?????
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment