Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Having fun around the house

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the winter? I hate being cold and I especially hate being stuck in the house all day. The same must be true for Eli too because by 10am (only 3 hours after waking up) he is stir crazy. Before becoming a Mom I used to wonder why people had sooooo many toys for their kids to play with. Now I know! You can only play with the same toys so many times before you want to throw them out and get new ones! Luckily we are in Georgia and spring is just around the corner for us! Until then I have had to come up with things to make being in the house just a little bit more tolerable- I mean fun!

“Look at my new hat Mama!”

IMG_5184 IMG_5180

“Shoot!” We shoot the ball all day.

IMG_5188

I didn’t teach him this but he thinks he can touch his tongue to his nose!

IMG_5175

Not really sure what this is all about. Although he does think he needs to climb on everything and anything he can.

IMG_5196

Eli uses Jack as a step stool for getting up on the couch. Peek-a-Boo Mama!

IMG_5205IMG_5206

Eli goes ‘boom!” This is what happens when I don’t get him off the couch quick enough.

IMG_5209

When Eli sees the salad spinner he goes crazy pointing and yelling, “Oooooo! Oooooo! Oooooo!” until I give it to him to play with.

IMG_5318 IMG_5305

Obsessed with the stove. Even when there is nothing in the oven Eli is constantly by it. He loves looking at his reflection in the glass. And just yesterday I caught him with his feet on the handle of the drawer. He basically climbed up the stove. After telling him NO I turn around and there he is opening the oven door. Thank goodness it wasn’t hot!

IMG_5163 IMG_5290

There is never a dull moment around here and I love every little minute of it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! Remember back when you were pregnant and thinking about being home all day bored because you would have nothing to do? Welcome to the wonderfully active world of a 1 year old :)

TTYL, Rosa

Anonymous said...

I think this is the start of his great curiosity! He is growing so big, maturing every day!
Give him a hug from,
Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Mish told me yesterday on FB that he didn't get his Valentine present yet. I sent it "snail mail" a week ago. Hopefully it will come today. Just little somethings to make his day special. Give him kisses and hugs from us!

Love teti