Thursday, February 11, 2010

It Gets Things Moving Along…

Eli has had tummy issues all his little life. Once he started solids it switched from reflux to constipation. Of course the medical world doesn’t accept it as constipation until the baby hasn’t pooped in 7 or more days. Are you kidding me? Listen, I am not medically trained at all but I do not think 7 days without pooping is healthy. Would you want to go that long without pooping? I think not.

There are lots of suggestions online and in books to help aide the baby in getting things moving along. I tried several of them but not all. I just couldn’t bring myself to do some of them. Then one day while worrying aloud to Whitney she told me about giving Harrison Flax Seed Oil and how it got him regular and kept him regular. I’m pretty sure you could hear my tires hit the road in search of this Flax Seed Oil. Milan and I eat flax seed all the time and I knew it was full of fiber but I had no idea you could give a baby the oil.

Here it is… the miracle oil.

IMG_5102

The reason I am telling you this is because it WORKS. Eli has not been constipated at all in almost 2 months. This stuff is not for babies alone so I highly recommend adding it to your own diet. It doesn’t taste bad and it is great for you (besides helping things move along). Don’t worry, you don’t have to search high and low for it. I got it at Kroger in their Organic section. I love how the grocery stores are starting to carry all this wonderful stuff now!

Please pass this tip on to anyone you know who has a baby. It really made Eli feel so much better. I put it in his yogurt and he gobbles it right up. :)

Happy pooping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my age, anything helps!

Love you,
Uncle Mike

CocoJ126 said...

Hey...its Corrie...Cassie's sister. She sent me to your blog cause C.J. has these issues!!! So tell me doc...how much and how often...I am going to Kroger ASAP!

Thank you...

Ps.....Eli is DOLL!!!