Friday, November 13, 2009

The fun has just begun!

The past month at the Hayden household has been full of laughs and also full of cries. Eli has learned to walk and in doing so he has taken lots of spills. He has had countless bruises on his cheeks and forehead along with cuts in his mouth and on his lip. I know it is part of the process but it just kills me when he hits the floor.

This is one of Eli’s favorite toys, Bob the Lion. I have no idea why I started calling this thing Bob but that has come to be his name. Eli pushes him all over the house. I’m pretty sure we can give Bob a lot of credit for Eli’s learning to walk.

Hmmm, what on earth did we do before Gymboree? I think I look forward to going just as much as he does. Eli loves Gymboree. He and Harrison have so much fun together. It’s a great place to practice walking. At least he has lots of mats to cushion the fall! We have started going to the class on Saturday morning so that Milan can participate in the fun. It is so cute seeing him play with Milan at a place where you usually just see Moms. Eli is one lucky little guy!

This game here is another favorite toy around the house. This is the cutest thing! It keeps count of the baskets you make and plays music to countdown the seconds you have left to shoot the ball. It’s Eli’s first taste of playing basketball and I love it! It has been a blast teaching him how to throw the ball and slam dunk it. I try to play with him during the day but there is no denying that he loves playing with Milan after work much more!

IMG_4139 IMG_4130

I went grocery shopping one Sunday by myself and when I came home this is how Milan had Eli dressed. I about fell on the floor when I saw Eli wearing a Bears shirt. I was hoping it would bring the Bears some good luck but that has yet to happen!

All I can say is this is what happens when I turn my back for one minute.

IMG_4257 IMG_4258

I just got Eli’s hair cut for the 5th time and yet there is still enough hair for Milan to make a little mohawk.

I don’t know why we spend our money on toys when all kids really want to play with is stuff you already have in the kitchen. He loves this wisk.

I love this kid!

IMG_4094 Look out world cause here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you love this kid, how could you not!
Love all of you!
Uncle Mike