Presidential candidate in the making?……….
I’m talking about Eli not Milan for those of you who get to follow my husband’s political views on Facebook! While sports has always been Milan’s #1 love I think politics are becoming his new passion. If you think he carries on about his views on Facebook imagine what it’s like in our house! :)
Anyway, back in the 2008 primaries Milan and I voted for Mike Huckabee. We continue to be big fans of Huckabee and were so excited yesterday when we got to go to his book signing at the Borders Book Store in Athens. While we were there we found out that Huckabee was going to be taping his talk show live at the Borders in Atlanta that afternoon. Since we didn’t have any plans we decided why not go?! The best part of this for me was his special guest of the day was Paula Deen!! So off we go to Buckhead to see Huck’s show. Since we had Eli with us we couldn’t actually be on the show so we just watched from the balcony at Borders. Eli had so much fun in Borders. Why haven’t I been visiting the bookstore more often? He was all over the children’s department. Now that he is walking it is so much fun to go places and let him explore his environment.
Milan and I always joke around about which sport Eli is going to play when he “grows up.” As of yesterday though we have decided that Eli might just grow up and choose to go into politics instead of sports. If he wanted to run for president the first election he would able to run in would be in the year 2044. If Eli is anything like Milan, which we already know they have identical personalities, then Eli will do just fine in politics. He will be able to go many rounds arguing his point of view and not taking no for an answer. While I am sometimes amazed at the way Milan carries on about his opinions I am proud of him for having an opinion. I am proud of him for knowing what he believes in and standing up for it. I am proud of him for not caring about what other people think and not walking on eggshells in order to be politically correct. So having said that we may very well have a little politician in the making at our house. Our country is headed down a long road for Eli’s generation and maybe just maybe Eli will become someone who makes a difference in the world.
This was one of the most enjoyable days we have had out and about in quite a while. Sometimes the best days are the impromptu ones!
Milan and Eli waiting patiently for Governor Huckabee
Eli asking Huckabee if he will be running in 2012
Eli waiting for Huckabee to return to his bus. Maybe Huckabee needs a little guy to help him promote his book. Eli could be a “Huckababy”
Hanging out in Borders waiting for Paula Deen to arrive so they could start the show.
A bird’s eye view of the show
Here she is Ms Paula Deen! I was so excited to see her. I love Paula. You may recall that I got to meet her son Bobby last time we ate at The Lady & Sons in Savannah. While Milan and I were browsing the books we ran into Paula’s husband Michael doing the same thing. They are the cutest couple! Captain Mike was just wandering around and no one was bothering him. It was pretty cool.
All this fun made us hungry so we ate at Maggianos (our favorite restaurant). Eli’s too since he can’t get enough of the bread and oil.
Oh so tired
The perfect end to a perfect day


1 comment:
Maybe he is going to be a world famous chef, not a president! I'm sure he will do well either way, with such support from his parents!
Love you,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment