This past month has been so busy and so much fun! I have tried blogging as much as possible to keep up with all the things happening.
Here are some of the adventures we had during Eli’s 8th month! What a great way to end the summer.
Now that Eli is a speedy little fella he has been exploring the entire house. I have found that it is really hard to allow him to learn and explore his world while teaching him the word NO. I spend the entire day redirecting him. These pictures were taken the same day we put up the gates!
“Hi Mama! Boy do I love it when you are in the kitchen and take your eyes off of me for a minute. The hallway is a really sneaky way for me to get to Jack’s food and water.”
“I don’t understand why I can’t play in this water table Mama. It is just my size and looks like so much fun. I promise I won’t splish splash too much.”
“I wonder what this stuff Jack likes so much tastes like?”
This was the first time I saw Eli exploring Jack’s water dish. I thought it was too cute to stop him. I ran for the camera and sure enough he decides to stick his face right in it. There were several other occasions when Eli attempted this and was told NO. I finally figured out that he wasn’t trying to drink the water! He could see his reflection in the stainless steel bowl! Too cute.
UP GOES THE GATE!
“What is this Mama? How come you are trying to trap me and keep me from having fun? It’s not fair!”
Eli and Jack are such good buddies. I used to try to keep Jack’s toys away from Eli and Eli’s toys away from Jack. I soon gave up and decided it was a lost cause. Oh well some germs are good for you, right?
Eli has learned how to really throw a serious tantrum when he wants his way. I see this face quite often. You would think I’d be used to it but it still makes me feel bad. I do get a little laugh out of it though because he is so cute when he is mad.
I spend what seems like the entire day in the kitchen. Eli is my little shadow which means he is into everything in the kitchen. I give him his own kitchen toys to keep him occupied but most of the time he is much more interested in getting into things. It takes me 10 times longer to get anything done because I am constantly moving Eli out of the way.
“I just want to help you Mama.”
Eli loves playing with the remote control and under the coffee table. I gave him an old remote so he’d quit changing channels on us. As of today this coffee table has been taken away. We caught him chewing on it so that was the end of that!
I wish I could say that Eli is sleeping better. His naps have greatly improved but night sleep is a work in progress. I went in the room one evening to check on him and this is how I found him sleeping. Precious baby!
Now that Eli is so much heavier we don’t carry him in his car seat anymore. We just leave the carrier in which ever car we happened to have used that day. Well one Sunday night we forgot to move it to my car. So of course Monday morning rolls around and Milan rushes off to work and drives off with the carrier. In the meantime Eli and I are getting ready to run our errands only to find out we have no car seat. So I get the brilliant idea that I should install the “big boy” car seat. How hard can that be? The hardest part was figuring out what to do with Eli while I installed the thing! I strapped him into the stroller, parked it next to the car, gave him a snack, and proceeded to amaze myself. :) Who knew it would be so easy to install the thing? Sometimes gender roles are so silly. Why did I think it was Milan’s “job” to figure out the car seat? Anyway, here is my little man all set to go to the grocery store in his “big boy” car seat. Which by the way, he hates. After this initial picture he has cried every time I have put him in it.
I can’t wait to see how much fun we have in month 9!


1 comment:
So much fun, I do believe that sad picture of Eli mirrors his Dad's look when the Steelers lost to the Bears!
Love and hugs to all,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment