It’s amazing how much life can change in just one year.
Here I am last year on my 31st birthday waiting to be a Mama.
I was about 6 months pregnant.
And here I am a Mama one year later on my 32nd birthday.
Eli is almost 9 months old!
Of all my birthdays this was by far the best one. Sure there have been some good ones in the years past and certainly I have claimed “this was my best birthday ever” more than one time but this one was without a doubt the best so far!
Here’s what we did. I don’t get to say what I did because “I” don’t really exist anymore! This little guy is glued to my leg no matter where I go in the house- even if it is in the bathroom!
My special day started with my little guy crawling across my pillow to wake me up with that silly little grin he gets after a long night of waking up crying every 2 hours or so. It’s amazing how that grin melts my heart every time. After that we were up and at ‘em ready to start the day. We went for our daily walk with Laci and sweet baby Caroline. Then we had a play date with Caroline and Harrison (Eli’s two newest friends). We borrowed Ander’s water table and had a blast in the yard splish splashin’ around.
Next… nap time – woo hoo! Eli stayed home with Milan while I went out to lunch with Harrison’s Mama, Whitney. What a treat that was! I actually ate slowly and enjoyed my food. That in itself was a birthday present. Look what my boys did while I was gone…
They made me a birthday cake!
Milan claims he didn’t let Eli try the cake batter. That’s funny though because I saw this picture of Eli with cake batter on his face when I went back and looked at the pictures. Which would explain the crusty stuff I kept finding all over Eli’s hair, face, and eyebrows!
I spend a lot of time listening to Food Network while we play during the day. Maybe Eli is starting to practice his culinary skills. He is constantly near the oven. He loves looking inside it when things are cooking. His favorite thing to do in the house is open and close open and close open and close the drawer under the stove. PS- Don’t worry about him- the stove doesn’t get hot on the outside. :)
I was impressed to see a bundt cake! Good job frosting it too!
The weather on my birthday was beautiful. It wasn’t the usual 90’s so we decided to go to downtown Athens for dinner. We went to Little Italy for pizza and a beer. Milan made sure he had two since I couldn’t have any. Eli thinks he needs to try everything we have and Milan gets such a laugh out of letting him hold the bottle. I think the two of them enjoyed my birthday as much as I did.
After dinner we walked around campus and went window shopping. Eli was an angel in the stroller. It was such a nice evening.
I couldn’t wait to get home and dig into my cake and ice cream. It was delicious. I love yellow cake, butter cream frosting, and vanilla ice cream. Eli is a very smart baby to know exactly what to make his Mama for her birthday! Thank you Eli & Tata! I loved it and feel so special to have such loving boys.
I have to mention that I got a white Ben Rothlisberger Steelers jersey from Milan for my birthday! I love it and can’t wait to wear it on Thursday to kick off the football season! Go Benny!


1 comment:
It looks like Eli's Mom and Eli had a fun time on her birthday. I'll bet it was so special that Eli can't wait until next year!
Love to all,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment