Are you asking yourself whether this baby is a prince or a princess? Will Milan be learning how to braid hair or will Jen be learning the rules of all the sports this baby will play? Will it be butterflies or baseballs adorning the walls of the nursery...
If you know me at all you know that I am not one for surprises. I feel sorry for Milan because he can't plan anything without me being in on it. So, I of course have known since day 1 that I wanted to know whether it was a boy or girl. I can't say I wanted to know because I couldn't wait to put the nursery together because if you know me I am not much into decorating! I can't really say why I wanted to know so badly but I did so needless to say I have been secretly counting down the days to week 20. Milan on the other hand was hard to predict. One day he'd say he wanted to know. A couple days later he'd say he didn't want to know. All the way up until the moment the ultrasound started he was still saying he didn't know if he wanted to find out. As the ultrasound lady is nearing what she called the "butt shot" he shouts out, "Ok, I want to know!" It was so cute watching him fret over this decision. I honestly thought we'd be ushering him out of the room so I could view this "butt shot" on my own. Can you imagine life around our house with me knowing and him wondering? After the ultrasound we sat together looking at the pictures while we waited to see the doctor. Milan told me his plan was to keep it a secret from everyone else. We agreed we'd each tell one person who wasn't a family member so they wouldn't be able to get the news back to everyone at home. Let me just say that this pact of ours worked for a total of one hour! So Kuma Nicole if you are reading this... you were right! Keeping a secret didn't work.
I have decided that I will not be sharing the baby's gender on my blog (well at least not at this point). There are still a few out there who say they can wait until December to hear the news. I have a feeling they'll crumble just as the others have already so in that case I will eventually write about it. If you are curious and want to know just send me an email and I'd be glad to share the wonderful news. Quite honestly a healthy baby is the number one thing and knowing the gender is just plain fun. So far the health of our little Peach is perfect so we feel ecstatic about it all.


4 comments:
First there was Brangela, now there is Jenlan! I am looking for a healthy, happy baby and the sex is the least of the worries. All I can say is that the baby is looking good! (So is the mom!)I sure hope that you don't get too much paperazzi!
Love you!
Uncle Mike
Hi! This is Amy Noreen, Kaylie Noreen's mom...we've been following "Baby Peach" and are so excited!! We would like to know the sex of the baby because we would like to send a gift for the darling peach. Would you send us an email at jnoreen@cox.net to let us know and include your address please :). Kaylie is starting 3rd grade on the 21st. Ms. Pruitt has been turtoring her this summer and it's going well.
Jen-
It was fun to read and catch up on baby Hayden. You look darling, as I knew you would. I am dying to know if it's a boy or a girl. Let me know. My new school email is beths2@norman.k12.ok.us!!!!
Beth (o:
I don't remember how I found your blog, but we are very close in our pregnancies. I am 19 weeks with number 3! The first was an exciting time, now I kind of know what to expect! It is great to read about the first time for you and get to "know you" on your blog. Congratulations!
Post a Comment