The month of July has been a busy one. Milan and I went home to Chicago for 10 days to visit our family and friends. We haven't been home since Christmas and we always look forward to the trip. It took us 11 hours to drive there from Georgia. Most people gasp when you tell them that but in all honesty it is a really nice drive! No offense to people who live in Indiana but that is the least scenic part of the drive and it takes the longest! Northern Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky are very pretty and make the drive easy. We packed a cooler full of healthy mom-to-be treats, gave Jack some meds for car sickness and we were off. I am pretty sure the thoughts of pizza and Italian beef sandwiches guided us along the way. Neither one of us could wait to get "home" and eat.
This picture was taken on July 20th at "The Little Peach's" shower. Milan's mom, Ljubi, threw us a beautiful shower at the Serbian Hall (where our wedding reception was). The theme was based on orange and brown as a tribute to the Peach! How cute! If you look closely at my belly you can sort of tell there is a baby in there. Milan and I posed for a picture before he was off to golf. It is unbelievable how many gifts we received and the generosity people showed us. We feel so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family.

The rest of our time at home was spent visiting family and friends. We were on the go from sun up to sun down every day. When we are in Georgia living our day to day lives we try not to dwell on our homesickness but it hits ya' hard when you go "home" and realize how much you are missing. The kids are all growing so quickly! Milan's brother Adam made me feel better when he said that even though 7 months have passed since we were all together it feels like yesterday the minute he sees us. It is so true. Time may pass but relationships don't change and knowing that makes living so far away not quite as bad. It is our hope to make the time between our visits shorter once the Little Peach arrives.
So here we are back in Georgia again. I did not take one nap the whole time we were home so needless to say I have been sleeping a lot this week. It has been raining, yes raining, down here in Georgia- can you believe it! Maybe our grass will be green by September. It is HOT and HUMID here and just about as bad as you can imagine when you walk outside. Needless to say, I stay indoors. I have a nice surprise belly shot coming soon so check back. I also go to the doctor on Monday so I can't wait to post the latest ultrasound! It will be 20 weeks already. Time flies when you are feeling better!


1 comment:
I'm so glad you are feeling better and had such a great time at your shower! Looking forward to the belly pic!
Post a Comment