
Week 22- Yah! I am finally starting to look pregnant. Jack likes to put his head on my hip to tell me he wants to be pet on the head. He was doing that right before Milan took this picture but of course he wouldn't pose when it came time! He is so tall it looks like he is trying to "talk" to the baby. I can't wait to see what he thinks when this baby is actually here in the house. I can picture him licking the baby's toes while he is swinging or sitting in his bouncy chair. Too cute!
If you noticed I wrote HE that is because there is no longer anyone left who hasn't inquired about the gender of this little Peach! Yes, it is a boy and yes I was right all along! Mother's intuition I'm sure of that. His name will be Ilija Martin Hayden. We will call him Eli. It was very important to us that he was given a Serbian name so his full name will be Ilija. Milan has two uncles who were named Eli so it is also a family name for him. Eli's middle name Martin is after my very special Uncle who I spent my entire childhood with.
I don't know about any of you but Milan and I have been quite "into" the Olympics this year. Michael Phelps has to be part fish. When I think of my Little Peach swimming around inside my tummy I always describe it to Milan as if the baby is a little fish. It's just what I picture in my mind. First of all, how on earth can this baby be "under water" for 9 months without coming up for air? Secondly, I feel like I am walking around as a human fish bowl now that I can feel his every move. If I concentrate on what he is doing I could get seasick from all the swishing back and forth in there. It wasn't until this week that I could completely identify and track his movements. I do believe that watching (and listening- did you know babies can hear everything now?) the Olympics has inspired my little son to practice his swimming abilities. One night we were watching Phelps win yet another gold medal and my Little Peach kicked me so hard it made the remote control, which was resting on my belly, lift up and then back down again! I'm pretty certain he was using the side of my stomach as a wall for kicking off and making his turn to the other side of the pool just as Phelps does.
I honestly don't know which is better- seeing the ultrasound or feeling the baby move so much. I used to see pregnant woman and wonder why on earth they are always touching their bellies or resting their hands on their bellies. I just figured it was because it was a good resting spot now that their tummy was so large! I know from first hand experience now that it is just something pregnant mamas do naturally. Most of the time I don't realize I am resting my hands there or I am actually rubbing it until I have been doing it for a few minutes. It makes me laugh every time he moves around. You would think I'd be used to it or even tired of it but I'm not! I absolutely love it! I think he really enjoys yoga because he was kicking me during class as if he was marching along in a band. I had to stop what I was doing because it was just so darn funny!
I told Milan tonight that I LOVE being pregnant. Now ask me that again in November or December and we'll see what I say then. But for now, I am enjoying the second trimester. A while back I wrote that the doctor called this the showing and glowing stage. I'm not too sure if I feel like I am glowing but I am definitely showing, feeling great, eating with joy, and smiling often. Life is good...


3 comments:
Novembern and December... seems like a million years away instead of 3 short months... I am sure you will sill LOVE being pregnant, though a bit more uncomfortable!! The only damper will be the fear that sets in as you start to think more about how that baby is going to be coming out :)
Now you are starting to look pregnant!! So cute! We can't wait to meet Olympic swimmer Eli! We have been just as obsessed with the Olympics as you guys. I am insanely tired b/c I have to wait up each night for the final medal ceremonies, it's crazy, but fun! So glad you are enjoying the pregnancy, I loved being pregnant too! It is truly an amazing experience to see your body change so much and then after 40 weeks have this little angel finally arrive! Enjoy every minute!! We miss you and can't wait to see you guys again!
You are so impressive with your choice of names! I am glad that you will honor his Serbian hertiage, and I really choked up about your decision to give him Marty's name as well. He loved you so much and he would have been very proud, as I am of both of you!
Love to you three,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment