14 weeks! I made it! I am officially out of my first trimester. I went to bed Sunday night thinking Monday was going to be the first day of no more sickness. That's what "they" (whoever they are) say, right? WRONG. I haven't felt this bad in two weeks. Now what is going on with that? I should know better than to think I would be that lucky! Ha. According to my weekly updates my baby can now pee (nice huh), suck it's thumb, and make facial expressions. I bet my little peach was making faces today (laughing of course) knowing that momma is sick again. :)
We visited the doctor last week for our monthly check up. She said I lost two pounds. How can that be? I feel like I swallowed a grapefruit and it is lodged in my pelvis. But none the less my sickness didn't help add any pounds to me. She said she wasn't concerned because my appetite will be ready to go during this trimester. I can't wait for that to happen! According to the doctor the "pickles and ice cream" stage is behind me and I am now entering the "showing and glowing" stage. I'll let you know when I start glowing!
This has been a very busy month of June. My dad came to visit us three weekends ago. Then my mom, Dave, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Linda drove here last weekend (crazy people)! And this past weekend the Hayden's came for a visit. I can't believe it has been 6 months since we last saw our parents. Time flies. I have a feeling that things will change after this little peach joins the world. It was a lot of fun having company. It gets very lonely down here with no family and friends to visit. What are we going to do next weekend when we are all by ourselves again?
While the Hayden's were in town we took a drive to Savannah. What a wonderful day it was. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Paula Deen from the Food Network but her restaurant is in Savannah so of course we had to go there. If you know about Paula you will know she has two sons who are also on Food Network. It just so happened that her son Bobby was in the gift shop that day hanging out signing cookbooks and taking pictures with people. So here we are with Bobby Deen! What a sweet guy. After that we took a ride to Tybee Island so the little peach could go to the beach for the first time. I am keeping a journal of all the things we do while the peach is growing so the beach is now on the list. That's why I am patting my tummy in the picture above. :)
Check back soon for the next belly shot......
Bulk Post Disclaimer
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment