Friday, October 15, 2010

The Fun at 21- months that is!

If ever there was a child with mood swings it would be Mr. Eli.  We have stumbled right into the two’s and we aren’t even there yet!  Eli is the sweetest most loving little boy any Mother could ask for.  He is silly and full of life.  I call those his halo wearing days.  Eli is also very spicy!  He is quick to want his way, quick to throw a major fit, quick to tell you no and mean it, quick to hit you and run away, and quick to make his parents crazy!  We call those days horn wearing days.  Don’t get me wrong though there are many days where he interchanges his horns and halo within only minutes!  There is never a dull moment at my house.  Eli keeps me on my toes that is for sure.  He is every bit what a two year should be and then some.  I love him even when I don’t know what else to do with him except send him to Harrison’s house so I can get a break.  Thank you Whitney for rescuing me all the time! :)

This past month has been a lot of fun! Now that the weather is a bit cooler- in the mornings at least- we have been out and about making some memories. Here’s a glimpse into Eli’s most recent adventures both inside and outside the house… 

IMG_6866                      The new “sopper ball”- if that’s not a happy face I don’t know what is!

IMG_6869

Peek-a-boo! Eli walks around under the blanket saying “Where’s Eli?”

IMG_6873

This would be a halo day.  Mr. Smiley

IMG_6893 IMG_6889

The nightly ritual of jumping on the bed after tub time so you can’t comb his hair.

IMG_6918

Refusing to go to “school”. Now I don’t tell him where we are going until we get there!

IMG_6966 IMG_6961

Splish splashin’ in the rain!

IMG_7003

Eli insists on wearing in rain boots in the house but not outside in the rain!

IMG_7013 IMG_7039

Milan and I took Eli and Harrison to “Touch a Truck” day in Athens. They loved it!

IMG_7067

Mr. Smiley again.

IMG_7089 IMG_7105

Whitney and I took the boys to Yellow River Game Ranch.  They had so much fun feeding the animals and chasing them around.  It was a great place to let our two little animals loose for the morning!

 IMG_7082 IMG_7080

The carrots were suppose to be for the animals…

Eli loves Harrison and is always giving him hugs!

 IMG_6901

Another picture of Eli eating on the counter.  This time he is eating muffin batter and lovin’ it! Remember being a kid and licking the spoons? I do and I love seeing Eli do it! We bake and cook all the time. Which leads me to the next picture…

IMG_7142

The story of this picture goes like this…

Mama (in the other room not able to see Eli): Eli what are you doing?

Eli: Reading

Mama: What are you reading?

Eli: Recipes

Mama: Where are you?

Eli: In the dining room with your cookbooks

Mama: What are you going to cook?

Eli: Banana bread

I have a feeling we have a little chef in the making at our house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truely think he was looking for the BBQ recipes! He is such a dear, I sure miss seeing him more often. Give him a kiss and hug from Uncle Mike!

Anonymous said...

No need to thank me. You rescue me, too! Hence, you and Milan taking the boys to Touch a Truck Day!!
Whit