Eli is as busy as they come. I am pretty sure he would give the Energizer Bunny a run for his money. Eli’s awake hours are non-stop. Luckily he is sleeping a straight 11 hours at night and taking a good 1.5 to 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I have to force him to lay down and go to sleep but once he does he is out cold. I know without a doubt that if I didn’t force him to sleep he’d stay up all night watching late night movies (usually really bad ones with Steven Seagal in them!) with Milan. Eli just wants to go go go.
The weather in Georgia is starting to cool off some. By that I mean that it is no longer in the mid to high nineties with 100% humidity. We can actually go outside in the mornings and the evenings without melting. Eli a.k.a Mr. Busy Body is much happier now that we are able to venture out more. The park has been a frequent stop lately and the water table has been brought back out. Believe it or not it was too hot to even play in the water table. I may be complaining slightly but don’t be mistaken I will take this miserable heat over those miserable northern winters any day!
Here’s some of the fun we’ve been having over the past month. I can’t wait for fall and all of the fun that comes along with it! Each new stage Eli enters is more exciting than the last. I can’t wait to watch him run around at the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. I can’t wait to see what he thinks of Halloween and all that candy he’ll get. Maybe I will even give him a piece this year! And above all, I can’t wait for him to look forward to going to “school” instead of crying about it! All in due time I suppose……
No more blowing bubbles in the toilet. Ahh, thank goodness they make toilet locks.
Mommy’s little helper. “Eli do Eli do”
Eli discovered soccer!
“Peek-a-boo Mama!” Eli loves to play Peek-a- boo. This is his new hiding place. He closes the door and then yells “where’s Eli?” It is just too funny.
The next time you think you are having a bad hair day just remember this picture. Eli wakes up with the wildest hair I’ve ever seen! Cracks me up!!
I thought I was going to be such a strict Mama about things. Quite the contrary. Eli chooses to eat his breakfast on the couch with the remote. If you ask him what he’s watching he’ll tell you Fox News. He’s not the least bit interested in cartoons (yet that is). He will sit and stare at the news as if he is actually understands what they’re talking about!
Can you say obsessed with sports? Eli is either throwing a ball or carrying one around under his arm. Most kids carry stuffed animals around but not mine. His best friends are Mr. Basketball, Mr. Baseball, and Mr. Football. At least he’s finally learned he can’t throw the ball to me when I am driving.
Eli LOVES his Sesame Street house and the figurines. You know he loves Harrison just as much since he is willing to share it with him. This table has two chairs and each chair has an owner. Eli only sits in “his” chair because the other one is Harrison’s. When one of his other friends came to play and tried to sit at the table he told them “no that’s Harrison’s chair!” These two are still the very best of buds!
This little boy is the sweetest child in the world. I love him to pieces!


1 comment:
He looks so groen up watching Fox News. Does he comment on the news like his dad? LOL!
Give him a hug from,
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment