Milan and Eli started a birthday cake tradition together last year. The boys worked hard in the kitchen making Mama a cake for her birthday. How sweet is that! Milan did all of the work last year but this year was much different! Eli was able to help help help!
The night before my birthday Milan told Eli they were going to make Mama a cake in the morning. Eli woke up and dragged me into the kitchen saying “make Mama’s cake make Mama’s cake”. Before Milan could even start coffee for us Eli had him at the counter getting out all the ingredients. It was too cute for words.
Here’s a look back at how teeny Eli was just one year ago….
Trying to help stir the cake Watching the cake bake
Here is our little chef making Mama’s cake this year like a big boy!
Getting started Pouring in the graham cracker crumbs
Using the mixer all by myself! Patting down the crust
I need a little help pouring Proud little boy
This year’s cake is called Ice Box Cake. My Aunti Ann used to make it for us when I was a kid and since my Uncle Norm just passed away a few days before my birthday I was remembering eating this cake at their house. I thought it would make a nice birthday cake this year. It was delicious!
Thank you Eli & Tata for making me a wonderful birthday cake- again!


1 comment:
So Cute!
Happy Birthday (again) Jen.
Love you!
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment